Keep or sell guns?

Julius K

FNG
I’ve inherited a few guns over the last few years. There are a couple
I’ve sold. But, when I open my
Gun cabinet there are many guns I don’t use and probably won’t. I often ask myself why I keep them around. I was raised to “never sell a gun.”

A browning a 5 my grandfather had the receiver drill and tapped for a scope mount - the original screws are MIA. A Remington 740 wood master 3006, a few others along those lines.

What do you guys do? Sell the excess? Keep guns no matter what?

Antares

WKR
Sell. I did this a few years ago with all the guns I had accumulated from family over the years. I kept my grandpas deer rifle and my uncles A5 for sentimental reasons and sold or gave away everything else. No regrets. I open my safe now and it's just stuff I use regularly, there's extra space, I can see what's in there, it looks tidier, etc. I just bit the bullet and did it. Glad I did.

safeskies

FNG
I prefer to keep just a handful of quality guns and sell or replace the rest as I get better ones. If I'm not using it frequently, or it doesn't have some novelty, sentimental, or other factor in there, then it goes. That's why I don't mind spending extra on the guns I do have and not just buying because it was a deal.

I sold most everything i didnt use starting a few years ago and started getting exactly what i want,I would rather have 1/2 dozen guns i love and use vs 12 or 20 that i dont use.They are no better than classic cars that get trailed everywhere.Been there to.I do have some colt ar’s and glocks that will get sold when something jacks the prices up again.That will fund my alaska caribou or black bear hunt.

TN2shot07

WKR
Guns got a lot more fun to me when I came to terms with them just being stuff (like everything else). I have a few that hold some sentimental value but otherwise they are fair game for buy/sale/trade.

I’ve inherited a few guns over the last few years. There are a couple
I’ve sold. But, when I open my
Gun cabinet there are many guns I don’t use and probably won’t. I often ask myself why I keep them around. I was raised to “never sell a gun.”

A browning a 5 my grandfather had the receiver drill and tapped for a scope mount - the original screws are MIA. A Remington 740 wood master 3006, a few others along those lines.

What do you guys do? Sell the excess? Keep guns no matter what?
I have faced this similar problem. I ended up selling the guns that I bought and never used(safe queens) The guns that I inherited I have decided to keep more for sentimental value. Hope that helps