Katabatic flex 22 in warmer temps

Gli_ryan

FNG
I just ordered a flex 22 in an effort to be able to use it pretty much year round. It’s my first quilt, never used one before but been looking a few years.

Mostly my question is, how miserable is this thing going to be when temps are in the 40’s? I couldn’t decide on the 22 or 30 and after ordering the 22 I’m wavering on that choice a little bit.

My overfilled WM sequoia (25 degree plus hermit huts overfill) is a little too warm in the upper 40’s, but it is manageable. I’m hoping the warmth of the bag and quilt is similar enough so that the flex 22 will be manageable as well. Just looking for some insight.

buffsmoker

Lil-Rokslider
You'll be just fine. That's the beauty of a quilt, its versatility. Zip the footbox up, unzip it, kick your leg out, tighten it around you, loosen it, button it up, use it as a blanket, etc, etc. I think the 22 is a good all around choice. I have the 15 and have used it in much warmer temps with no issues.

Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk

feanor

WKR
If it gets to 50, unzip the whole thing and cover yourself like a blanket. It will be great for a variety of temps.

Jotis

WKR
I have a 15, in warmer temps it was way too warm. I will be getting the 30 for this fall’s hunts

I've got the Flex 30. In ~55 degree weather it's been too warm. Yea, you can stick an arm and leg out, but I've found that the covered body parts get sweaty and the ones uncovered get chilled. YMMV with cooler temps and a cooler rated bag.