Kanab 2.0 mod

Oz Bow

FNG
I'll state up front that I love the Kanabs and understand that due to production constraints/cost that somethings aren't done.
When you consider for example that some changes might add $1-$2 to the base unit price this starts to becomes big money when you're talking about 5,000 -10,000 units of pants

With that said, I present for your consideration a modification which I consider lifts the Kanabs to the next level, the Kanab 2.1?

A number of people, along with myself, have an issue with the buttons in the knee area, noting that they dig in to the knee when kneeling. This appears to be in part due to the higher profile of the newer style buttons. For me they sit right on the bony outside edges of the knee and when the buttons are knocked or pressure is applied you know about it.

Some have elected to do away with the button altogether, as I really liked the 3/4 option I decided to fix it as well as addressing the stress issue on the waist button.

You can see from the first photo where the button was breaking through the fabric. These were like this from the get go.

IMG_0025.jpg

The button was removed by grasping the back end with pliers and holding the front end and pulling the 2 halves apart, this leave behind the hole in which the button was mounted..

The front was then had a small iron on patch stitched in place and the rear was reinforced with a short section of thin webbing.

IMG_0217.jpgIMG_0216.jpg

A Canadian/slotted button was then put in place.

IMG_0256.jpg

The buttons were pulled from the knee in the same fashion, it hole was backed backed bu a small iron-on patch and the hole zigzagged over

A Canadian/slotted button was then put in place, leaving a free hanging section so as allow the fabric tape to orientate with the fabric loop for the pant legs.

IMG_0258.jpg

Sorry for the size of the photos I haven't got the hang of uploading them in a larger format , excuse the somewhat rough finish, my sister-in-law did it in some what of a rush.

Any questions, suggestions or comments appreciated.

Back