Kahles 312i experiences

My local shop has a used kahles 312i for sale, I can’t seem to find any used ones to compare prices, anyone have an idea what one in good shape is worth? Anyone have experience with these scopes?

WRO

WKR
My local shop has a used kahles 312i for sale, I can’t seem to find any used ones to compare prices, anyone have an idea what one in good shape is worth? Anyone have experience with these scopes?

That’s a euro spec scope, other than that I don’t know much about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Schaaf

WKR
Anywhere from 1k-1400 in my opinion. People like the illuminated model and they hold their value. What are they looking to get for it?

OP
B
Anywhere from 1k-1400 in my opinion. People like the illuminated model and they hold their value. What are they looking to get for it?
They have it for 1699. It is the illuminated model. Scope is in very good to great condition I’d say.

khuber84

WKR
Gen2 kahles k series have some short comings, gen3 were a fair bit better all around. Truthfully if 3-12 mil is what you seek, I'd be looking for a Bushnell elite tactical 3-12. They're a lot cheaper and have better glass.

grfox92

WKR
They have great features and glass quality. However if you tape a toilet paper tube to your rifle and used a fine sharpie to draw a reticle over the clear tape, it would likely hold zero better.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

OP
B
I
They have great features and glass quality. However if you tape a toilet paper tube to your rifle and used a fine sharpie to draw a reticle over the clear tape, it would likely hold zero better.

this is what I’m most concerned about is zero retention.

grfox92

WKR
I

this is what I’m most concerned about is zero retention.
I am friends with an engineer who tests scopes in house for a huge company that I won't name. He said the Kahles were the most expensive scope they tested and proved to be the absolute worst at zero retention.

OP
B
I am friends with an engineer who tests scopes in house for a huge company that I won't name. He said the Kahles were the most expensive scope they tested and proved to be the absolute worst at zero retention.

Care to share what the best were? I’m sure nightforce is up there. I have no problem buying another one of those.

grfox92

WKR
Care to share what the best were? I’m sure nightforce is up there. I have no problem buying another one of those.
I don't remember honestly, I just remember him being floored by how poorly the Khales performed for their price point.

I would lean towards the field evaluations of rifles scopes here on Rokslide on the LR section to male a decision.

OP
B
I don't remember honestly, I just remember him being floored by how poorly the Khales performed for their price point.

I would lean towards the field evaluations of rifles scopes here on Rokslide on the LR section to male a decision.

Usually where I get my info. However messing with that scope had me interested. Will probably go a different direction.