Job rant

gwl79902

WKR
Not sure how long you have been in the job but I have learned that every 8 years people get in a down cycle. I have been there too and the only way to make it better is to focus on the things that make you happy. Then then that is set you work on small goals and build from there. It will turn me around fairly quickly. Bad news is that the cycles come quicker together as you age but they do not seem to be a deep. I have the best job in the world but it even gets me down too. Sorruy man hang tough and try to spend as much time outside.

tttoadman

WKR
It is normal that younger guys have to suffer with the crumby on call jobs. Work hard and rise above the rest. That is how you improve your marketability. Make yourself stand out, and good things will come your way.

"Authority is taken. Not given"

Attack your life with that attitude.

Go to YouTube. Pull up The Bad Examples "Not Dead Yet". Play it loudly. Go work out, hard. Push yourself. Make a conscious decision to kick some azz. Either at work, improving things or putting together a plan to move on aggressively. It's when you're sucking wind that you build character, not when you're eating peach pie. You may well be better than the job you're in. Prove it. Leave your coworkers in the dust. Everyone has chitty times or phases in their life. Sometimes you can taste the bile. It's more impressive to puke on the run than drop to your knees.

I recently had a comically bad day piling up repairs and tasks at a furious rate. I put out a request for some abusive motivation and mainly got cyber hugs. Unless you're an attractive woman, I don't want a hug. And a hug from the hottest chick in the world isn't going to spur me on to action that gets tasks accomplished.

So take a deep breath. Focus on what matters. Make a plan. And strap it on.

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
Go to YouTube. Pull up The Bad Examples "Not Dead Yet". Play it loudly. Go work out, hard. Push yourself. Make a conscious decision to kick some azz. Either at work, improving things or putting together a plan to move on aggressively. It's when you're sucking wind that you build character, not when you're eating peach pie. You may well be better than the job you're in. Prove it. Leave your coworkers in the dust. Everyone has chitty times or phases in their life. Sometimes you can taste the bile. It's more impressive to puke on the run than drop to your knees.

I recently had a comically bad day piling up repairs and tasks at a furious rate. I put out a request for some abusive motivation and mainly got cyber hugs. Unless you're an attractive woman, I don't want a hug. And a hug from the hottest chick in the world isn't going to spur me on to action that gets tasks accomplished.

This is some solid advice. I may take a few things away from it!

Lawnboi

WKR

Did you come up with this? Iv got to write that one down

bcv

Lil-Rokslider
I'd wait till hunting season to quit. The outdoors will bring you clarity and you won't have to worry about taking time off to chase antlers.