Job rant

So I have been on days off from work and it's been the best in a long time. I really hate what I do anymore. I go to work and sit on my phone looking for another job. I don't really talk to anyone at work and sadly I don't enjoy any of their company anyway. I am not sure what to do anymore. I have applied for so many jobs but I just can't find another one. How does everyone deal with hating work so bad, or do you? What's the best way to get through it? My job is taking a tole on me now. I am on call 24/7 when I am on and it really is affecting me. Sorry I just needed to rant.

Jon Boy

WKR
If its something you've truly grown to hate all of the time, get a different job, no sense in staying there if your unhappy, I dont care what it pays. I've had jobs that I've hated at certain times and then things will turn around for the better and realize I was just having a rough time, it happens. I just push through the hard times, taking some time off has really helped me in the past. Gotta have bad days to have good days.
I hear yuh needing to rant though. Shoot me a PM if you ever want to talk.

dotman

WKR
We all feel this way at times but it sounds like you aren't doing anything to make it better for yourself. It is all a mind game and if you have a negative attitude you will hate anything. Stop being the outcast :) and you may find more enjoyment in your environment. If you are no being challenged ask for more work or added duties.

FYI...job hoping will not help as you will probably end up feeling the same way over time. Now if you can get a new job that is a promotion per say then I say jump but first work on your personal funk or it will carry over.

Not trying to be an ass but I have seen people destroy their careers many times because of simple negative outlooks.

7mag.

WKR
It's all about attitude. Your job, like everything, is what you make of it. Challenge yourself, strive for excellence. Set goals, and as you reach them, set new ones. You can take a job you hate, and turn it around by reaching goals. You will have fulfillment, and pride in your work, which will make you enjoy your job more.

Been there, i was in a career for 11 years where i hated my day to day job duties, hated the people i worked with, but the money was solid so i stayed. Near the end i had enough and quit, quit with nothing else lined up, no way to make money. So i went to places i knew, businesses i liked and got my foot in the door, from there i busted my tail and created a position for myself, one i was good at and enjoyed. Now work isn't work.

Life won't change or get better unless you make it change and get better.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've felt that way about my job as I have to travel and spend extended time away from my family. This year I decided I would stay positive and send doing productive things after work in the hotel. Working out and studying maps building small projects. This frees up time at home and helps me be more focussed on the family. It true does have allot to do with attitude

Shrek

WKR
If you hate what you are doing then make damn sure you don't let the job get you in golden handcuffs. Like has been said before , you have to make a change. Either in attitude or job but don't just stand still.

jherald

WKR
Find a job here in AK, apply for it and get hired for it. No matter how miserable you are on your work day, the sun will rise for you on your days off with opportunities of bears in the spring, salmon in the summer, sheep,moose,bear,caribou and deer in the fall and all winter to hatch your plans for the next year.

JJHACK

Lil-Rokslider
I live in Wa. State and in Elisrass South Africa
This may not help you, but for other younger folks in their 20s learn financial peace university by Dave Ramsey.

Ten years of following this financial outlook and you can walk away from any job you don't like without worry. I know at 25 you can't imagine 10 years into the future. But at 35-40 financial security is the ultimate situation for the rest of your life. Wish I would have gone through it sooner then at 40 years old.

MesaHorseCo.

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Just remember, a guy has to work, or else he cant play. Sometimes looking at it from that angle gets me through a rough stretch.

JoshTX

WKR
It's all about attitude. Your job, like everything, is what you make of it. Challenge yourself, strive for excellence. Set goals, and as you reach them, set new ones. You can take a job you hate, and turn it around by reaching goals. You will have fulfillment, and pride in your work, which will make you enjoy your job more.

x1000

You may think you are keeping it from your co-workers but it's hard to hide a bad attitude and it probably shows in your work. You could be grateful you have a job and try to turn things around. Like hunting, you will get out of it what you put into it.

brettb

FNG
Steamboat Springs, Colorado, United States
I know exactly how you feal. But atleast you still are employeed. Do not quit or let youre bad attitude let you get let go. Trust me i'm dealing with this problem, Jobless for the past couple months. Make sure you have a job before moving on. I look back at the last 10 plus years I put in for my boss and realize hey atleast i could pay my bills and bank some money. Being on call 24/7 sucks and so does averaging 260-280 hrs every 2 weeks for months on end with no set schedule, thats the wonderful life of being oil field trash, lol.. Tough it out man and do it with a smile on your face, I know its hard but trust me stay positive and better things will come. If you need someone to vent to thats been there send me a pm. I'll probably vent back.lol

husky390

WKR
I can't put in words how much I despise the place I work but what keeps me going is the reminder that it pays the bills, allows me to support my expensive hunting habits and it's not permanent. Another opportunity will present itself.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Wybowhunter what do you do? I may have some openings for someone with the right skillset. Would mean several trips down to denver then a move if you get hired. Comcast has many different openings for business services. Im an Engineer with them and love it. Great company to work for and its awesome stuff we do. PM me if you have any tech, engineer or billing background.

littlebuf

Banned
i have a pretty good job, make decent money, work with some pretty cool guys, can take as much time as id like off, pretty much at the drop of a hat and have a fair amount of freedom at my company. i still hate it. its called work, its a four letter word.

Beastmode

WKR
i have a pretty good job, make decent money, work with some pretty cool guys, can take as much time as id like off, pretty much at the drop of a hat and have a fair amount of freedom at my company. i still hate it. its called work, its a four letter word.

Yeah same thing here. I wouldn't say I hate it but I would much rather be in the mountains. I can take a whole year off if I wanted. The bank account just can't afford that though. Hopefully once the kids get a little older I will be able to take 2 months off a year or so and just hunt.

So I have been on days off from work and it's been the best in a long time. I really hate what I do anymore. I go to work and sit on my phone looking for another job. I don't really talk to anyone at work and sadly I don't enjoy any of their company anyway. I am not sure what to do anymore. I have applied for so many jobs but I just can't find another one. How does everyone deal with hating work so bad, or do you? What's the best way to get through it? My job is taking a tole on me now. I am on call 24/7 when I am on and it really is affecting me. Sorry I just needed to rant.

I noticed your in Casper. I have applied for jobs up there for years. Your work days sound like mine...lol. If you really want to make a change then you might have to consider leaving Casper and looking at a bigger metro area with more options. See for me my job isn't that bad, I just really really hate Denver and all big cities for that matter. I love CO, but hate Denver. So I apply for positions everyday to try and make a change. It will take some time, but eventutally things will happen for me if I keep at it!