JK Armament JK155 RCX Opinions

BjornF16

WKR
Looking for lightweight, hearing safe (-ish) options for backcountry hunting and ran across JK Armament JK155 RCX.

Anyone out there used one of these?

SilencerShop offering "Free Tax Stamp" with these...

Not worth the money or a sleeper budget can?

slowelk

WKR
Form has spoken highly of them back when they were a Form 1 option, but now they are Form 4 I don't know if they would stack up all things considered. That Raptor 8 at silencershop for $800 seems like a pretty good buy.

OP
BjornF16

BjornF16

WKR
The thing that looks appealing with the JK 155 RCX is the modularity...

slowelk

WKR
The thing that looks appealing with the JK 155 RCX is the modularity...

Sure. You could make it 2' long and I bet it would be quieter :)

I know it's aluminum in the configuration you are citing, so I guess the ability to replace baffles as they wear out is a plus. I'd rather just go Ti out of the gate though.

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
I wouldn’t recommend it. I have one and it is the loudest and longest can I own. Sound suppression is very poor.

One thing I hate about mine is how hard it is to get the baffles apart, even tho I greased the threads. Mine is titanium, not sure how the aluminum is. So it just stays full length. It did not make my 6.5 PRC hearing safe shooting factory hornady what so ever so I just relegated it to my 300bo with subs, does fine on that gun

OP
BjornF16

BjornF16

WKR
Guess I'll sit on my hands and wait for some Rugged Alaskan 360 Ti reports

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
For those that said the form 1 JK was loud- how many baffles were you using?

I’ve been around quite a few; mostly on 223’s, 6mm’s, 6.5cm, and 308 size rounds, but shot enough on 6.5 PRC’s and 300 WM’s to notice any issues. My experience and everyone I know with them, which is quite a few- is that they aren’t the quietest, lightest, or shortest, but they are a usable suppressor that is certainly dropping those combos below 140db.

For those that said the form 1 JK was loud- how many baffles were you using?

I’ve been around quite a few; mostly on 223’s, 6mm’s, 6.5cm, and 308 size rounds, but shot enough on 6.5 PRC’s and 300 WM’s to notice any issues. My experience and everyone I know with them, which is quite a few- is that they aren’t the quietest, lightest, or shortest, but they are a usable suppressor that is certainly dropping those combos below 140db.

I will agree that they are definitely a usable suppressor, works great on my 300bo. But the only reason they were initially appealing to me was the form 1 option before I had my SOT.

I also wanna say that im not sure if JK has done anything differently with their cans since their transition to form 4 cans, since i havent seen/heard one in person.

Mine has 7 baffles, bore and endcap are 762, all I remember is taking a couple shots with no ear pro to test it out on my 6.5 PRC, then immediately deciding I'd rather use a brake with plugs for hunting at that time, since it was my only can and it hurt my ears. Definitely better than nothing, just seems like there are several better options is all I was basically saying