Jimmy John kills potential new state record sheep in NM

khunter

Lil-Rokslider
Hunts like this are what helps put sheep hunts out of reach for a lot of people.

Only the ultra wealthy have access to hunts like this.

I ain’t mad at him for his success, I just hate what some hunting is seeming to become; following some European countries where only the wealthy can afford to hunt at all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Many folks are against auction sheep tags, but then some of the same folks will defend the graft that is the New Mexico EPLUS privatized elk voucher system.

I'll play devil's advocate. Would we celebrate someone who pays big $$$ to play for a yr in the NBA, MLB, etc? They wouldn't have the talent or skill to compete, but money allows them to.
Who is celebrating anything other than a giant ram?? the ram is the record not the shooter. The shooter just gets to hold it.

This unit has a public tag too this year.. It will also result in another 200” ram. Let make sure we take cheap shoots at the hunter when he/she brings or hires a team

I never once stated I personally had an issue with it. You inferred that. As long as it was done legally, I have no issue with it. It's a really nice ram.

I just explained the obvious as to why people don't care for these auction tag situations.
You are correct there, i misworded that one. I meant to say "is the reason so many have an issue with it.." not you specifically. My bad

No worries. It didn't offend me. We're just having a good discussion.
Yup! Honestly, im currently being tattooed so i was a bit distracted during all my posts in this thread so far lol. Im all for hashing out discussions, i think i was basically just trying to say something along the lines of the constant jumping to negativity gets old for me. Some people dont ever have anything nice or helpful to say about stuff. Not just here, online in general of course

Far as jimmy himself, i never met the guy and ive only seen a couple of his hunt videos.. but in my opinion he seems like a better person with more class than some of other people doing these hunts I've seen videos of. I do enjoy jimmy johns sandwiches from time to time tho 😎

Hunts like this are what helps put sheep hunts out of reach for a lot of people.

Only the ultra wealthy have access to hunts like this.

I ain’t mad at him for his success, I just hate what some hunting is seeming to become; following some European countries where only the wealthy can afford to hunt at all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
how? There is a draw tag in same unit this year and they will probably kill a 200” sheep also.

You can also buy a desert sheep for less than you probably spent on your pick up. Hell you can buy a Rocky for less then a lot of trucks and suburbans now a days

Last edited:
Yup! Honestly, im currently being tattooed so i was a bit distracted during all my posts in this thread so far lol. Im all for hashing out discussions, i think i was basically just trying to say something along the lines of the constant jumping to negativity gets old for me. Some people dont ever have anything nice or helpful to say about stuff. Not just here, online in general of course

Far as jimmy himself, i never met the guy and ive only seen a couple of his hunt videos.. but in my opinion he seems like a better person with more class than some of other people doing these hunts I've seen videos of. I do enjoy jimmy johns sandwiches from time to time tho 😎

All you have to do to be POS on RS is to have more then one elk tag, only thing worse then having more then one elk tag, is being NR with more then one elk tag, And if you really want to make Matt Rinella’s thread pay a trespass fee to kill one on private

All you have to do to be POS on RS is to have more then one elk tag, only thing worse then having more then one elk tag, is being NR with more then one elk tag, And if you really want to make Matt Rinella’s thread pay a trespass fee to kill one on private
Or bring up kenetic energy or say you shoot a big 30 cal magnum for elk! Lol

Jealous? No. I could afford a hunt like that. I just choose not to.
You really have no clue what you are talking about. Your figure above is not even close. I also expect you have no clue where he got this tag, and where that money goes. Typical ignorance, which is why these sorts of stories always draw out these kinds of responses. Social media is bad is many ways, and this is a great example. If you ever want to hunt a sheep you should be grateful for his ability to give so much.