Jim Green boots

B

Brando'

Anyone have experience with the Jim Green African ranger? I really want want this boot but the sole looks absolutely terrible for anything other than pavement. I live in the mountains so anyone with experience with this boot in similar terrain I would appreciate any feedback.

I'm also interested in their Razorback boot, but that doesn't have the wide last like the ranger does.

Thanks.

nobody

WKR
LOVE my African rangers. No experience with them hiking, but I’m in masonry and they’re my daily driver’s from the job site to the office. Rocks and uneven ground don’t pose issues. Sole is holding up well so far and I like them over my red wings.

That said, I’ll have them resoled with a beefier lug sole when the time comes. But so far so good. Very underrated boot company, IMO.

OP
B

Brando'

Thanks for the feedback. I’m really curious to hear from someone who has hiking or hunting experience with them. They do seem like really great boots. And I may do what you mentioned by buying them and put a better sole on.

MudBugVa

FNG
Im also interested in anyones experience with these boots hiking/hunting. How flexible is that thin sole?