Jetboil Sol Titanium

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
I scored and found one for sale on a site called Bonanza used but in incredibly good shape. I used to watch for this thing all the time on here. Super stoked to finally lasso this unicorn. Cant believe Jetboil discontinued them in the first place.

1687142447686.png

Sweet score. Love my JB Sol and the only thing to make it better would be the Ti model. Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had my non Ti Sol for 11 years now. I'd love a Ti version but if I recall correctly it is only an ounce or so lighter and sold at a premium so it wasn't worth it for most people.

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I think they discontinued them because the welds aren't very durable.
I've heard the same thing, but mine has to be at least ten years old now and still works great. I even stepped on the cup once and had to bend it back into shape.

I wish they would bring it back.

I have one and half the fins have come off. Never melted snow with it or otherwise abused it (that I’m aware of). It’s barely faster than a titanium cup now.

I’d buy another if I could, maybe, assuming reasonable pricing. Maybe I got a lemon.

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
a Toaks Ti cup and BRS stove works just as well and is 3x cheaper

Hey Gone, I have that combo as well Toaks 750 with BRS Stove. Its a good little setup. But the boil time is no where near the same =)
Either way Im very happy with the purchase and looking forward to the weight savings over the Flash and MSR Windburner I own.
My Kid got the Flash as a hand me down now =) Gotta pass on the love to the kids =) Even if they are 27 years old now ;)

a Toaks Ti cup and BRS stove works just as well and is 3x cheaper
There’s certainly lighter options, but I tried a number of different cups and stoves and never found anything that boiled faster or more efficiently than a JB. Not saying it can’t be done, just never had that experience myself.

BBob

WKR
In all of my messing around nothing has been faster or more efficient than a heat exchanger pot setup especially if there’s any wind at all. I doubt I’ll ever go back to a non heat exchange pot. My light setup is a Sterno Inferno pot (very similar to the Sol) and a modified BRS stove. Overall it is a bit lighter than the Ti Sol setup.

Afhunter1

WKR
I've had one since they came out and just bought a second off Ebay. I just boil water and have had no issues with mine. I can't find a lighter more efficient setup for multiple day hunts. I paid 150 for the original and 199 for the second. Money well spent!

Good score! I have a like new Ti Sol that's boiled a few cups of water at home. My other one has been used a lot and has held up fine. I bought a Ti Sol cup years ago and frankensteined it for use with a Soto Windmaster. Several of those heat fin welds have broken, and the fins are melted slightly, but it works. I think the JB factory setup is one of the most efficient stoves I've used.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

dtrkyman

WKR
Have had one for years, would look new other than some burn on the inside from heating up some spaghetti...duh.

I got it on closeout pretty cheap at REI I think, love the set up and simplicity.