Jet Boil Problem Question (not below freezing or even close to it)

AHayes

FNG
Just go back from my CO Elk hunt and had issues with my JetBoil Model Zip for the first time in 5 years. Took a new JetBoil JetPower Isobutane / Propane Mix Fuel canister. After a couple of days, I would start the unit and it would burn fine, then the flame would slowly diminish and stop, even when I tried to adjust the gas level. One night I couldn't get it started back up and had to wait for several minutes before it worked again. Each day I could start it, then I would have to bounce it a little and the flame would return to it's normal level for a few seconds, then die off. I ensured the canister was screwed on correctly, not too loose, but not too tight. When I got home, it worked flawlessly without any attention needed.

Any suggestions or ideas on what is causing this issue? FYI...I did do a search for this topic before posting. Most of the threads pointed to issues with gas generation in temps below freezing. It was maybe 40-50 F each morning and warmer in the evening. Thanks in advance, Andy.

j3h8

Lil-Rokslider
Contact Jetboil?
That said, I've had this issue when my o-ring went bad. Was a different, cheaper stove, but the effect was the same. Could have also been, simply, a bad canister.

TaperPin

WKR
I’m not a heavy user of canisters, but have had one can that didn’t burn quite right - probably a partial blockage inside the can.

I have had issues at elevation with canisters before. It's only happened to me two times and its been at or above 11,000 feet. The best thing I've found is to take a knife or something with a fine point and push into the canister to equalize the pressure.