Issue with new SEVR heads?

I bought a BUNCH of 2.0's for this upcoming year both used and on sale and they look good. On my recommendation a buddy bought three Hybrids to try because his quiver was in the garage when the last hurricane hit here and rusted up his brand new Rages. He bought directly from SEVR so they're not knock-offs, and the packaging all looked intact. These are pictures of the three SEVR tips next to one of the rusted up Rage tips.

Has anyone ever seen this from SEVR before, especially recently? Obviously he's sending them back but I'm curious what happened.

Attachments

• IMG_20240815_194812.jpg
    IMG_20240815_194812.jpg
    605.1 KB · Views: 244
  • IMG_20240815_194805.jpg
    IMG_20240815_194805.jpg
    205.6 KB · Views: 243
  • IMG_20240815_194758.jpg
    IMG_20240815_194758.jpg
    272.9 KB · Views: 243

mod-it

Lil-Rokslider
I wouldn't accept that either.
You won't find a company that doesn't have QC failures escape to the public, good on him for inspecting them well.
But not real impressive that those could get out the door. The person that operates the machine grinding the tips missed that, and then you'd think there is some kind of finished product inspection that also missed that.

But I'd bet they will replace those with no argument. I can't imagine those tips are considered within their tolerances.

Reactions: Zac

BullsDeep

Lil-Rokslider
I'll have to take a closer look. I did notice I could put quite of bit of pressure on them into my hand before it "hurt" where as my others were breaking skin with minimal force

Well shoot. I have 6 still in the package I plan on using in a couple weeks. I better take a good look before I don’t have time to tune a different head.

bcv

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the heads up. I bought one to test out this season. Mine isn't sharp but I'll get it that way. There's no excuse for shipping these like this.
IMG_3922.jpg

nubraskan

FNG
I noticed this on my recent order of 1.75's as well. I was planning to just sharpen them, thinking it's a fluke. Guess I'm not alone on this

Read1t48

WKR
I ALWAYS sharpen and hone out of the package. That’s how they get sharp. I’ve never found a broadhead that met a sharpness standard. Companies produce in bulk. You and I only need 1. Watch an elk eat an arrow and have no idea what happened. They are dead on their feet. They stand there having no idea they were cut. That’s sharp and it’s a real difference. I have killed 3 bulls with same arrow and broadhead. It’s my lucky one. I have Sevr’s in my quiver for a follow up shot if needed. Never needed one. But all Sevr’s get sharpened.

Zac

WKR
I just shot my goat with the 1.5. I was looking at my supply of them and I think every one of them was blunt. Although I kind of thought they were always like that🤷‍♂️.

Blade sharpness is a valid concern. The sharpness of the tip seems a little much, but who am I to say.

I did check the sevr heads that I have and they felt sharp. When I zoomed in to take a picture I discovered that they looked just like the photos above. It's hard to get a scale for how small the tip of the broad head actually is.