ISO Recommendation for Turkey Decoys

LightFoot

WKR
Ladies & Fellas,

I need to buy some decoys for Spring Turkey.

I’m looking for recommendations.

Rio Grande, Ground Blind, Archery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

huntineveryday

Lil-Rokslider
DSD Jake and a DSD Upright Hen. Later in the season I just run the hen. The size and posture on those poses works great on toms and hens. They get birds in and seem to hold them where you want them longer, which is great for archery and hunting with kids.

Honyock

WKR
HS Strut Strut-Lite jake and hen ($62 on Camofire). I can't remember how many turkeys I have killed with foam decoys. Maybe I hunt dumb turkeys but I haven't had a decoy blow a hunt.

I keep wanting to upgrade to an avian or dsd but the turkeys still don’t mind the cheap primo and hs strut decoys.

bradb

WKR
My preference and I feel I got the best turkey interaction with the decoys with dsd. But like above they still come in good to the cheap HS and still have them attach the cheap HS.
But in order if I was buying
DSD
Avian
then what ever

1.jpg12.jpg13.jpg14.jpg15.jpg16.jpg

Even the hens engage in the decoys. I've never had turkeys respond like they do with the DSDs's. All decoys are bulky IMO but bow hunting I feel like you about have to have them.

highcj5

Lil-Rokslider
I won’t buy another avian. Mine won’t hold air anymore. Leaks around the nozzle. Customer service basically said “sorry”. I believe the newer avians are hard molded. Still won’t buy 1.
I don’t have one but my vote is DSD. Plan on buying the Jake one this year. I’ve heard nothing but good things about them

dtrkyman

WKR
I rarely used a decoy back in the day, then one year while I was guiding a taxidermist hunted with me and brought mounted birds for decoys.

Holy chit, what a difference, I bow hunted over a single stuffer hen for years and she is just deadly! When DSD came out I got them for convenience are they work nearly as good!

Gobblers love that hen and hens hate her, shocked she is still together, shes has been pounded into the ground dozens of times and mounted by most gobblers that come in!

I don't bow hunt them too often anymore so I rarely carry a decoy, but realistic decoys are just better!

Jaker_cc

WKR
Another vote for DSD. I’ve had birds stay in the decoys for 45 min and my average shot is 5 yards the last 6 years.
adc4d2d5e28a89c45d6eb90d6ba7b70d.jpg

027e3f9ae4e405ace58022622b48314e.jpg

5a0dec2b2c4af524e36fa5aa27e3a215.jpg

9632ee48e0c81745a0e7b4f52fe1c490.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honyock

WKR
Wait until a coyote grabs your $100 decoy and hauls ass. I've got a cheap foam decoy with teeth marks all over its head.

roosterdown

Lil-Rokslider
DSD Jake and a DSD Upright Hen. Later in the season I just run the hen. The size and posture on those poses works great on toms and hens. They get birds in and seem to hold them where you want them longer, which is great for archery and hunting with kids.
This is pretty much my setup. I've arrowed Toms right off the top of that DSD Jake deke more than once.

I won’t buy another avian. Mine won’t hold air anymore. Leaks around the nozzle. Customer service basically said “sorry”. I believe the newer avians are hard molded. Still won’t buy 1.
I don’t have one but my vote is DSD. Plan on buying the Jake one this year. I’ve heard nothing but good things about them
I have three Avian X decoys that won’t hold air. I was also told too bad but that’s the motto for GSM.
Higdon Outdoors makes a nice decoy that is cheaper than DSD. However, DSD is the standard.

Blowdowner

Lil-Rokslider
I have three Avian X decoys that won’t hold air. I was also told too bad but that’s the motto for GSM.
Higdon Outdoors makes a nice decoy that is cheaper than DSD. However, DSD is the standard.
I have these two but no problems yet. Can anyone suggest a way to inflate it and seal it permanently?