Island Park Grizzly Attack

Wyo_hntr

WKR
I sometimes wonder if the reintroduction of wolves and grizzly bears is not just a clever tactic by anti-hunters who are in DNR leadership. But I hope I am wrong.
It might not be within fish & wildlife agencies, but it is definitely a tactic by environmentalists that are anti-hunting (let's face it, at their core they are anti-human)

I hunt for bears there every year. Saw three different grizzlies this year. I have ran into them by myself and I've ran into them with my dad. Rarely do you go out and not see their tracks. That country is densely populated with grizzlies. Check my handle, that's about right where it happened.

Last edited:

IDVortex

WKR
Here's a very interesting and informative thread from the Island Park Bear Aware facebook site:

Lots of great background info from residents of the area. I didn't see a dead bear though.
I can see that isn't a good group to try and see if anyone would want to join HOWL....

OP
mike.adams.467
Thanks for sharing! We've been having at least one of these attacks every year in Idaho; hopefully, we won't see another this year. Very interesting to note that for the first time, grizzlies have been seen west of I 15 in Idaho. Would love to see them make it back into the Lost River range and even the Sawtooths.
Did you also support wolf introduction into Colorado? Why not send a bunch of grizzlies to California, too. Wow.......

OP
mike.adams.467
Yea real informative. People saying why didnt they use bear spray and pleading with hunters to stop “killing way too many bears”

Idiocracy and anti human life.

I hunt for bears there every year. Saw three different grizzlies this year. I have ran into them by myself and I've ran into them with my dad. Rarely do you go out and not see their tracks. That country is densely populated with grizzlies. Check my handle, that's about right where it happened.
Exactly where it happened. I heard the shots and saw the helicopter going in to extract the hunter.

OP
mike.adams.467
I can see that isn't a good group to try and see if anyone would want to join HOWL....
A bunch of people who get a thrill out of seeing a grizzly walking across their driveway on their security cameras. The ring leader works at the wolf and bear zoo in West Yellowstone, and is a pro-predator advocate...

Last edited:

Rotnguns

Lil-Rokslider
Did you also support wolf introduction into Colorado? Why not send a bunch of grizzlies to California, too. Wow.......
Nope. I didn't support adding more wolves to Idaho, either. The key word is "introduction." We already had wolves in Idaho. We already have grizzlies in Idaho.

Diced

WKR
The dude's arm got pretty chewed on

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240902_185228_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20240902_185228_Facebook.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 91
So the score so far this year is Hunters 2 and grizz 0. Some damn fine high stress shooting going on! Anyone know what kind of smoke wagon he was using? Sounds like someone forgot to manage an apex predator in this area for some reason. Damn shame.

mavinwa2

WKR
Res WA ST, winter>Gilbert AZ , NR>AZ, UT, NM, CO.
read in the Idaho news that a 10mm & 45ACP pistols fired multiple shots.

wondering which type of ammo they used; regular ammo like FMJ/HollowPoints or special heavy cast bullet bear rounds? But did mention they had "bear bullets in their guns and it still took us 24 shots to get that bear"....

Last edited:

IDVortex

WKR
read in the Idaho news that a 10mm & 45ACP pistols fired multiple shots.

wondering which type of ammo they used; regular ammo like FMJ/HollowPoints or special heavy cast bullet bear rounds? But they did mention they had "bear bullets in their guns and it still took us 24 shots to get that bear"....
But how many were actual hits, or was it 24 that actually hit the bear?