Is this overkill😂

sdupontjr

WKR
If you are concerned about low light, and for what you paid for the Night force, get this and never worry about that again.
20200921_132651.jpg20200902_192000.jpg

reticle.JPGtikka.jpg

I've used this optic as close as 50 yards with no issues. The 4x on the low isn't an issue for me. And with this reticle, the illumination is a pin prick and won't overpower your pupil for those Low Light situations you speak of.

Marshfly

WKR
I have, the vx3i appears to have better low light performance
Then put it on your rifle. Just don’t come starting a thread when you miss after it loses zero.

I helped a buddy sight in a VX3i. Man that thing was junk. I sighted in a Tikka with a Trijicon Credo on the same range trip. A week later he had sold his rifle and the Leupold and replicated the Tikka/Trijicon combo.

matthewmt

WKR
For those who don’t know what the scope is, it is a nightforce NX8 2.5-20x50. Rifle is a 308, I feel the scope is overkill for the rifle at hand. However, I do have difficulty seeing a red dot the size of a quarter at 100 yards and beyond with the typical 3-9 and 3-10’s due to poor distance eyesight. Bought the scope for how compact it is, and obviously performs well at long range but what about close range in timber when it’s last light? Is it too much?
What bbl length ?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

OP
B
Then put it on your rifle. Just don’t come starting a thread when you miss after it loses zero.

I helped a buddy sight in a VX3i. Man that thing was junk. I sighted in a Tikka with a Trijicon Credo on the same range trip. A week later he had sold his rifle and the Leupold and replicated the Tikka/Trijicon combo.
Never said the leupold was good, it’s a massive pile of shit, but it does have good low light performance

waspocrew

WKR
Forgot to mention - I’ve killed 2 black bears in Wyoming over bait in a dense canyon. Both were shot within the last 20 min of legal shooting hours. This was with my 270 WSM topped with a Vortex 4-12x diamondback. I could see just fine. The NF will be leaps and bounds ahead of that.

peaches

Lil-Rokslider
Yes.

Try a larger target. Also go black or blue. Red/orange always glows to me and looks unfocussed. You can shoot remarkably tight groups with open sights with the proper aim point.

KenLee

WKR
For those who don’t know what the scope is, it is a nightforce NX8 2.5-20x50. Rifle is a 308, I feel the scope is overkill for the rifle at hand. However, I do have difficulty seeing a red dot the size of a quarter at 100 yards and beyond with the typical 3-9 and 3-10’s due to poor distance eyesight. Bought the scope for how compact it is, and obviously performs well at long range but what about close range in timber when it’s last light? Is it too much?
Replace it with a $700ish Accupoint 2.5-10x56 with amber illuminated center dot and be happy. Life is too short to deal with equipment you don't like.

KenLee

WKR
If you are concerned about low light, and for what you paid for the Night force, get this and never worry about that again.
View attachment 742677View attachment 742676

View attachment 742679View attachment 742678

I've used this optic as close as 50 yards with no issues. The 4x on the low isn't an issue for me. And with this reticle, the illumination is a pin prick and won't overpower your pupil for those Low Light situations you speak of.
Dang, the NX8 is that expensive?
Cult life is rough