Is this a stupid idea?

Carr5vols

WKR
This year I have a 8 mile hike on decent trail to get to base of mountain to start going up. Would it be crazy to leave crocs at home and wear my tennis shoes (UA crossfit trainer) to the base then switch over to my hanwags for the climb up and while hunting. Then wear the sneakers around camp for camp shoes. I train with the tennis shoes now, rucking and stairs with 40 lb pack and have no issues.

Seems like a good idea to me. Crocs are always great in camp but tennies aren't too far off.

dtrkyman

WKR
I may wear my trail runners during my Mule deer hunt, just use boots for pack in/out or packing meat.

Not too much heavier than crocs and much more useful!

FlyGuy

WKR
I’m wearing my (Salomon Speedcross 4) trail shoes for my elk hunt this year. Leaving the boots back at the truck.

You can’t cheat the mountain

I often hunt in Merrell® Men's Moab 2 Vent Low Hikers, especially if I know I am doing a lot of elevation that day

so i have discovered a somwhat in between. i have been wearing slip on merrells. they actually are fairly durable, have decent traction, have the comfort of crocs and you dont feel your sould seeping out through the holes like you do when you wear crocs. i wear them around my cabin and when camping, and even on some light hikes.

Sounds like a great idea... But is the day truely complete without crocs on your feet? lol