Is mounting the rifle on a tripod steadier?

Are the various tripod mounts/clamps easier to shoot from than just resting on a tripod? Have a pronghorn hunt with the wife and trying to decide if it would be better for her. She has shot everything she has killed so far off trekking poles or a trigger stick tripod out to 200ish yards. I want to get her consistent to 300 yards for this year.

Clamping in with an Anvil-30 is way steadier than just resting on treckers or trigger stiks.

A good tripod is great. A cheap tripod will just frustrate you. RRS with an Anvil30 is the benchmark for steadiness from a shooting tripod. I have an innorel carbon tripod which are just okay to shoot off, but its much more work to get steady than off an RRS.

NSI

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
Agree with all here. Standing tripod requires some skill. Seated tripod, with or without a backpack to fill the cavity between the legs, chest, and shoulder, is - as others here have stated- as steady as most benches.

Big debate is popping the rifle on a git-lite shmedium game changer or clipping into an anvil 30. I have both (well, the LeoFoto fotocopy). The bag on a tac table is great. Clipping in is inarguably more stable, though requires practice to understand where to crank the head closed relative to the target to still enable natural front-loading.

-J