Iron Will Outfitters Single Bevel Broadhead Review ***Updated 2/24/21***

Nillion

Lil-Rokslider
Well crap. I wasn't expecting to get new broadheads this fall but after seeing that slow motion video of the rotation in a buck...

Trial153

WKR
Tony’s a straight shooter and doesn’t bull shit, a positive review and endorsement is something you can take to bank.
Bill puts out a fantastic product with a lot of thought, research and precision in its manufacturing.

Can’t go wrong with IW broadheads

JUST ordered myself a set of them. I have always shot 100gr fixed heads, and after listening to the informative ME podcast this week, I have to give these a try. I am really looking forward to seeing what they will do when I get them in a couple weeks. Until then, need to get some 125 practice heads and get things dialed in again! Looking forward to this.

I was fortunate enough to be invited to test the new single bevel heads from Iron Will this month and am in the process of putting together the review now.
What I saw was not what I expected and I am excited to share it.
If you have questions about the head, throw them up and if I can't answer it, I am sure @Bill V will jump in and help.

***Update*** Read my review here.

e79ba76aa1843b7ed7581bdb93fbcb41.jpg

dd8b6a7dcb281f71b41f1070cce02e78.jpg

304900c8473665d7c3fd563485f6ef68.jpg
These look great

ahlgringo

WKR
Anyone have any field results from this year? specifically elk. Had a buddy single lung a bull using a SB125 that we did not recover. Yes I understand shot placement is everything, and it wasn't perfect- but was a pretty broadside shot (maybe 1/8 quartering to) a little high- 2-3" above midline. Shooting 70lbs 29" 555g arrow that got about 7" of penetration. Maybe hit spine- ?

CoStick

WKR
Every entry and exit hole I saw was rectangular is shape with the SB. Blood was great and nothing ran far. I have had great luck with the V and S series and have zero complaints but I will be using the SB this fall.
As far as short range whitetail, that wide would be awesome.
It's a no lose situation.
Tony, low poundage elk hunting, is the SB more beneficial than the standard IW? Thank you

Bill V

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Anyone have any field results from this year? specifically elk. Had a buddy single lung a bull using a SB125 that we did not recover. Yes I understand shot placement is everything, and it wasn't perfect- but was a pretty broadside shot (maybe 1/8 quartering to) a little high- 2-3" above midline. Shooting 70lbs 29" 555g arrow that got about 7" of penetration. Maybe hit spine- ?
It's unusual to not get a pass through with the SB125 on elk from my experience and customer reports. Sounds like maybe it was a shoulder blade and spine hit. The spine sits lower than people think. If the shoulder was moving as it passed through, and then hit spine, I could see only getting 7" of penetration. I just had a customer yesterday report a double shoulder bone pass through on a giant elk with this same broadhead. Another guy reported both humorous bones snapped in two on a big buck and the broadhead looked new. I'm still trying to figure out which penetrates better, our S125 or SB125. Both have been excellent from all reports and my personal experience.

bat-cave

WKR
Mountain Goat - SB125. Ran 30 yards and done. Blood trail was sparse, but the damage was such that it didn't matter. The arrow (Day Six) and zipped through the goat and into the cliff face behind the goat. Minor nick in one side of the blade .. buffed it out, put it to the stone and back in the quiver.

The same broadhead zipped through a WT Doe .. went ~30 yards and done. Very little blood (heart shot), but not an issue given I watched her drop.

I also managed to shoot a nice WT Buck, but the arrow happened to have an IW 125gr Wide on it (Just what I pulled out of the quiver). The shot was sub optimal ... Lung & Liver. Spotty blood trail, but he only went ~40 yards and bedded and expired shortly thereafter.

This was this years tally for me ... several other WT's, Mulies and Elk over the past few years all with IW broadheads. Buy once Cry once, you wont be sorry.

Bill V

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
We've added Left Single Bevel broadheads for 2022 for those who shoot a left fletch.
Shipping now in 125-250 grains.
100 grain right and left single bevels are coming soon.

It seems 90% of bow string manufactures twist their strings clockwise and of course serve their strings clockwise as well which seems to correlate to a natural left spining bare shaft majority of the time. A few manufactures twist counter clockwise and serve the same resulting in a clockwise rotation of a natural bareshaft. That is from my own personal testing and also others. Seems mixing the two results in an arrow that dosen't start to rotate and stabilize til much later out of the bow. A left bevel would be sweet to add to the line up.
I’ve been trying to find CCW bow strings and cannot find this info. Can you help?

ATXhunter

FNG
Excited to try these. Any reason not to get the bleeder blades?

Guess it could potentially cost a little penetration but I cant imagine its much..

Bill V

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Personally, I recommend the bleeder blades for any North American big game. The cross cut opens up holes better, cuts more tissue throughout, and has minimal effect on penetration.