iPhone upgrade options

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
hey guys

my iPhone 14 (not-Pro) is starting to die. Been very happy with it but before I head in to the store, do you guys think it's worth the upgrade to the 15 (pro or not-pro) or stay with the 14 (might even go with the Pro).

I'm still running Mag-view, and I understand the Mag view app is still not working on the 15. Although I don't use the app, I'd like the option.

Anyway, whadduya all think?

thanks in advance

alexnelon

FNG
15 pro is half an ounce lighter, and uses usbc to charge which is one less cord to carry so that’s a plus. It also has a slightly larger sensor area so marginally better photo/video in low light.

The 3nm silicon a17 is (again marginally) faster than the a16 in the pro 14.

On the other hand, 3rd party testing has shown that the 14 pro has longer battery life and charges faster.

Apps will catch up, but personally I’d hate to be in your shoes right now because the first iteration of new processor architecture is always a pain to deal with, but being able to ditch a charging cable would be nice.

I would go with the 15 pro and just hope that the apps catch up before I need them.

Wait it out until September and catch a deal on a 15 or just get a 16. If it matters to you (probably not) some of the new *AI* stuff will only work on 15 pros and 16+ phones.

Last edited: