Iowa units 2 and 4- EHD!!!

If guys are planning hunts in units 2 and 4 this year, I recommend contacting the landowner or outfitter to check the status on EHD mortality. I live north of Coon Rapids, just across the unit 4 boundary in unit 2. We've had 4 years of drought in a row, and the EHD has gotten worse each year. In the last week dozens of mature does and bucks up to 185" have been found in creeks, farm ponds, and river drainages. The disease can be spotty, but the reports i'm hearing are covering ground within a 50 mile radius of my place, including northern and north central Guthrie, Audubon, Greene, and Carroll counties.

Good luck!

Jimbee

WKR
I've heard of lots of dead bucks found in the NE corner of Iowa also.

If guys are planning hunts in units 2 and 4 this year, I recommend contacting the landowner or outfitter to check the status on EHD mortality. I live north of Coon Rapids, just across the unit 4 boundary in unit 2. We've had 4 years of drought in a row, and the EHD has gotten worse each year. In the last week dozens of mature does and bucks up to 185" have been found in creeks, farm ponds, and river drainages. The disease can be spotty, but the reports i'm hearing are covering ground within a 50 mile radius of my place, including northern and north central Guthrie, Audubon, Greene, and Carroll counties.

Good luck!
I'm from Carroll and my wife is from Coon. We have farm ground around Carroll but haven't found any dead (knock on wood). Also have ground in Madison and Ringgold same situation. About 14/15 years ago, our Monona farm got hit and it was devastating. I still do not think the hunting has recovered from "the good ole days".