Iota Outdoors EKO stock. Good? Bad?

Despotes

FNG
Anybody have experience with this stock? Do you recommend?
My Tikka T3x needs a new home. It's between this stock I can buy at a good price and get within a week or spend a bit more for a Manners and wait 6-8 months.

bump anyone try them?

I had one. I liked it quite a bit honestly. Recoil pad was great, thumb/grip/etc was too far from the trigger but I've experienced that with every stock that isn't a chassis. Forearm is wider than necessary but doesn't hurt. Only complaint I really had was that I had to dremel out A LOT of material from the bottom inlet to get my bottom metal flush and my magazine close enough to the action to feed right. Not sure if I got a lemon or what, was still able to make it work but for $600 you'd expect inletting to be proper.

Bought one inletted for a 700 LA. Inlet was both too tight around the front of the action for it to drop in, the area around the bottom metal was loose and also too shallowly inlet. Removed a bunch of material and bedded everything. Now it's on to installing the arca rail and finishing the first hand loads. I will try and remember to report back on my satisfaction at the end of it. I agree with Brandon though, feels great, looks great, but the inlet is wack.

Bought one inletted for a 700 LA. Inlet was both too tight around the front of the action for it to drop in, the area around the bottom metal was loose and also too shallowly inlet. Removed a bunch of material and bedded everything. Now it's on to installing the arca rail and finishing the first hand loads. I will try and remember to report back on my satisfaction at the end of it. I agree with Brandon though, feels great, looks great, but the inlet is wack.
My original Eko for a tikka build had to be sent back to the company. They went above and beyond to repair it and make things right. Changed the inlet from regular tikka to CTR for free and let me change the stock color.

It’s at the gunsmith right now but hoping to have it back in a few weeks.

What arca rail are you going with? Iota suggested an 8” Area 419 and I have one on another rifle so I was going to try that first.

Back