Interesting 4/20 marketing by Simms

MT_Fin

Lil-Rokslider
Personally, I couldn’t care less what people partake in as long it is done safety and responsibly, and am in no way upset with or offended by Simms ad. However, being that I work in Missoula, I am a bit over everything seemingly revolving around drinking or smoking. It just gets annoying/old that it’s the focus for so many that it’s a constant topic of conversation. Have some drinks, blaze up, have fun, just stfu about it sometimes.

I never understood people that have to self medicate, but at least heavy pot smokers aren’t breaking into houses to fuel their use - they can’t get motivated to. Kids seem to think nothing bad happens if they only smoke pot - with time the pot heads they grew up with will show how it effected them over time. Life is tough - if you don’t have a clear head it’s tougher. We have a few pot heads in our family, and no surprise, they struggle keeping up with life. It’s their choice - in their echo chamber of friends it’s better to be happy than successful - “Oh, and can I borrow $100?”
I never touched cannabis until I was involved in an accident. The trauma was ruining my life and my doctor prescribed some meds that the side effects scared the crap out of me. Went to a local dispensary at the request of a friend. I got something to help me sleep. I took a cap every night for about 6 weeks. Placed it in a cup of tea. Never saw the high effects since I went to sleep before that part kicked in. But I slept and healed my mind. I still use it to this day but only when the flashbacks or triggers are there. Self medicate? Yep. With something that isn’t from big pharma. And I’d never change that decision.

Fatcamp

WKR
Personally, I couldn’t care less what people partake in as long it is done safety and responsibly, and am in no way upset with or offended by Simms ad. However, being that I work in Missoula, I am a bit over everything seemingly revolving around drinking or smoking. It just gets annoying/old that it’s the focus for so many that it’s a constant topic of conversation. Have some drinks, blaze up, have fun, just stfu about it sometimes.

Man, I couldn't agree more.

I'll add that I'm not sure if the weed heads insisting there are no negatives to smoking are more annoying than the reefer madness crowd, but it's neck and neck.

Nobody is going to stop it now, and hopefully it keeps money out of the cartels hands and keeps young people from being exposed to hard drugs, but many of us over a lifetime have seen the negatives of drug use firsthand without government propaganda being involved.

Man, you’d be hard pressed to find a fly guide in AK that doesn’t smoke. Simms waders and Matanuska Thunder F*** were staples of the trade.

IDVortex

WKR
I never touched cannabis until I was involved in an accident. The trauma was ruining my life and my doctor prescribed some meds that the side effects scared the crap out of me. Went to a local dispensary at the request of a friend. I got something to help me sleep. I took a cap every night for about 6 weeks. Placed it in a cup of tea. Never saw the high effects since I went to sleep before that part kicked in. But I slept and healed my mind. I still use it to this day but only when the flashbacks or triggers are there. Self medicate? Yep. With something that isn’t from big pharma. And I’d never change that decision.
I never have used anything drug related that wasn't a pharm. And my only stance is like with drinking. Do it outside of work. Otherwise have at it.

Now personally, id like to see weed become federally legal, because I see and support of the devils lettuce for folks for medical use vs pharmaceutical,it's healthier and no deadly sideffects. Hell, if I ever have to deal with something that I get prescribed a hard drug I'll try CBD items. Because I don't want to rely and live by big pharma. I don't associate myself with pot smokers, I just prefer I don't, but I have nothing agasint. With that being said, I also don't associate with alcoholics either. I do find it amusing how many folks her there asshole all bent out of shape over weed when alcoholic is way worse and it's pushed all the time on consumers.

Reactions: TVW

Swamp Fox

WKR
Man, you’d be hard pressed to find a fly guide in AK that doesn’t smoke. Simms waders and Matanuska Thunder F*** were staples of the trade.

I'm getting the impression from you boys that everybody in Alaska is stoned out of his mind .... which I don't doubt. LOL

Because it seems they're all artists of one type or another: fishing artists, aviator artists, survival artists, grizzly artists, bullshit artists....

The question is "Can they put you on fish that you can catch and get you back to camp alive?"

And then overnight?

LOL ...

I never have used anything drug related that wasn't a pharm. And my only stance is like with drinking. Do it outside of work. Otherwise have at it.

Now personally, id like to see weed become federally legal, because I see and support of the devils lettuce for folks for medical use vs pharmaceutical,it's healthier and no deadly sideffects. Hell, if I ever have to deal with something that I get prescribed a hard drug I'll try CBD items. Because I don't want to rely and live by big pharma. I don't associate myself with pot smokers, I just prefer I don't, but I have nothing agasint. With that being said, I also don't associate with alcoholics either. I do find it amusing how many folks her there asshole all bent out of shape over weed when alcoholic is way worse and it's pushed all the time on consumers.
I got a few pot head friends and they don’t understand me just using it as a medicine. They like to get high. I’ve yet to know what getting high is like.

When I was a Marine I made the same comment aloud during a drug awareness class. Why is alcohol legal but weed isn’t? 8 drug tests over the next 6 weeks.