Installing a pic rail on a tikka

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I see that some of these 3” rails can use the sling stud as one attachment point. I’m assuming you just drill straight into the stock at the area you marked with the rail on.

What sort of hard wear do I need to set that second screw in? I’m assuming that I wouldn’t just put the screw into the plastic.

Can somebody give me a link or pic, maybe a source for the hardwear id need to attach a bipod rail? Thank you!

Lawnboi

WKR
You can use the sling stud hole.

For the other I’d put some epoxy in the channel and run and drill a hole, install a t nut in the channel. Epoxy is so the t nut has something to grab.

Some pic rails come with hardware, some do not.

I installed a little arca rail this way on a factory tikka stock.

OP
thinhorn_AK

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
You can use the sling stud hole.

For the other I’d put some epoxy in the channel and run and drill a hole, install a t nut in the channel. Epoxy is so the t nut has something to grab.

Some pic rails come with hardware, some do not.

I installed a little arca rail this way on a factory tikka stock.

Cool thanks, I just saw also that the place that sells the atlas bipods has a t-nut kit so I’ll order that.

Lawnboi

WKR
Cool thanks, I just saw also that the place that sells the atlas bipods has a t-nut kit so I’ll order that.
That should do it. I’m not sure the atlas hardware will work in the brass but that’s already in the stock but it’s worth a try, I’m not sure if tikka uses metric or not. But the brass bits are pretty easy to pop out and replace with a t nut, just might need to run to the hardware store for a longer screw.

It’s kind of a pain in the ass. Much easier on a fiberglass filled stock.

Pn8hall

WKR
Link to thread when I added my arca plate. Super simple to do

OP
thinhorn_AK

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Link to thread when I added my arca plate. Super simple to do

Thanks!!! Going to jump into that thread right now.

OP
thinhorn_AK

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
That should do it. I’m not sure the atlas hardware will work in the brass but that’s already in the stock but it’s worth a try, I’m not sure if tikka uses metric or not. But the brass bits are pretty easy to pop out and replace with a t nut, just might need to run to the hardware store for a longer screw.

It’s kind of a pain in the ass. Much easier on a fiberglass filled stock.

Right, I’ve been meaning to do this to most of my rifles for awhile. The tikka is the only plastic stock I’d need to worry about. The rest are fiberglass type stuff.

wildcat33

WKR
I’ve done this on a few tikkas. Put a post up on it but can’t find it at the moment. You can get the T bolts at any hardware store. I’m on the road at the moment so can’t tell you the nut size. They have nuts with thread pitch that match sling stud bolts.

IIRC a seekins 2.5” SRS rail works perfectly. You will need to dremmel out the web in the stock for the t bolt to sit it. Then epoxy into place.

6A380021-192A-4B06-8A08-1F1DCBD16FDC.jpegCD770376-CE37-46C3-83D3-40F43854D602.jpeg