Insoles

bowinhand

WKR
Aron, Stephen- thanks.

The synergy foot beds have been great. At first I was skeptical of them being a gel type insole but after trying them I'm sold. Only complaint is that the red fabric bleeds a little on my socks temporarily tuning them pink.

They don't look like there is much that can break down unlike the superfeet that have to be replaced every year. I had a pair of the orange and they only lasted one season.

Gman

WKR
I agree - sorry for the short post previously, was on my phone. Didn't mean to come across negatively by mentioning the defective insoles. Lathrop couldn't have been cooler or more pro-active. They called me personally, told me what was up, apologized abut 100 times (which wasn't necessary but made me see how much they cared) and replaced everything right away.

For hunting and packing in the mountains I don't think there's a better insole - for me at least. Keep up the good work boys.

Schleppy

Lil-Rokslider
I ordered a new set of custom orthotics from the podiatrist just to go in my new Lowa Tibets. I have flat feet and I've used custom orthotics in my running shoes since developing a bad case of plantar fasciitis two years ago. I'm doing my first backcountry hunt this fall and I've been worried about making sure these bricks that I was given instead of feet can hold up. The boots arrived last friday evening and I tried them on with the custom insoles and they were not comfortable at all. After walking around the house for awhile I eventually put the "stock" insoles back in and they are way more comfortable. I took my 4 year old girl and 6 year old boy out "mountain" climbing on sunday afternoon just to start the break in on the boots. I live in south west Wisconsin and we do have some pretty good sized hills, but you westerners would scoff at what I have my kids believing are mountains. After a couple hours of hiking my feet were a little sore but there were no signs of hot-spots or blisters. My plan is to try to break the boots in a little bit and then re-try the orthotic. I did order the boots in a wide size to try to fit the insole in as recommended by the insole instructions, but I usually wear a wider size boot anyway. Maybe I need the XX wide.

Big Sky

Lil-Rokslider
Stephen, i love your insoles but was wondering if you could make some for my wife also? She wears a 6.5 womans and would love to have some good insoles also.

bowinhand

WKR
Another thing to consider about Superfeet insoles is that they are not approved for shoes and boots with Gore-Tex because of the hard plastic. Another reason why I like the Synergy Insoles. I have "Superfeet" permanently stamped into the felt bottom of my Hanwag Alaskans because of the hard plastic.

JSonn

FNG
Like Aron, I have had the worst luck with superfeet despite their populatirty-so synergy are the only insoles that touch my feet.

trevore

Lil-Rokslider
I started using Aetrex Lynco 400's. I used superfeet for years and decided to give these a try and won't go back. Haven't tried the Synergy, maybe when this pair is shot, I'll give them a try.

a3dhunter

WKR
I started using Superfeet green several years ago, then switched to Sole's blue's after having severe foot problems (plantar fasciitis).
I go back and forth depending on the boot, sometimes the green feel better, sometimes the SOLE feels better.

I am going to try the synergy next, just have a hard time paying that much for something that looks like it doesn't offer any arch support and haven't been able to see in hand first.
I have a wide foot with high arches.

bowinhand

WKR
a3dhunter, the synergy insoles are worth it! Pricey... yeah but after you try em you'll want them in every pair of footwear you own.

Wolfmen

FNG
synergy insoles did not work for me. It means bad patch? I bought one pair and got another cheaper price.
Now i still using green super feet.

wOlfmen

Last edited:
I have only used the green superfeet. I don't have problem feet or arches and they have worked for me. I would try others if they were a bit more affordable.

Lawnboi

WKR
Superfeet green or orange here, they fit my feet like a glove. Iv noticed less back tension on the job ever since i switched. Also converted my mom and dad to superfeet, they now wear them in all thier shoes. Whatever fits your feet the best, i have farily normal feet, and the greens, and orange work awsome in all my shoes and boots.

huntndad

FNG
Superfeet green have worked great for me, but now I'm worried about the Gortex in my boots. Maybe that's why none of my cheap, Chinese made boots have ever lasted a season before leaking.

Lawnboi

WKR
Superfeet green have worked great for me, but now I'm worried about the Gortex in my boots. Maybe that's why none of my cheap, Chinese made boots have ever lasted a season before leaking.

My Superfeet havnt worn any holes in any of my boots. And though it lists the concern in the directions in the box, iv never heard of anyone having a problem.

Soles for me. I like the different thickness that have. Some time when I change to a thinner sock I put in a bit thicker sole foot bed and it works out great.