Insanity CPX rest and arrow options

rhendrix

WKR
Picked up an insanity cpx from J-Daddy (sweet deal by the way), it's a 60-70# set up. Will the cheap trophy taker revolution rest work on these without fletching contact? Also, looking at getting some DCA arrows, at a .300 spine and 8.7 hip they look like a killer deal. Who hunted with them this year and how did they hold up?

Last edited:

ChanceH

FNG
I also have an Insanity CPX. Super bow. You will love it! What is your Draw Length? .300 may be a little heavy spined, but I have zero experience with the DCA arrows and Spine charts.

OP
R

rhendrix

WKR
Chance, I'm a 28 or 28.5 DL. I read several guys that were shooting .300 spines arrows due to the cam and tuning issues. If I could use my Axis nano's that'd be great.

OR Archer

WKR
You don't need a 300 spine for your draw length and weight. A 340 would be ideal but you could easily use a 400 too. Im a big fan of Trophy Taker rests. Smackdown Pro is my favorite or the Xtreme FC. Both are simple and easy to set up.

You don't need a 300 spine for your draw length and weight. A 340 would be ideal but you could easily use a 400 too. Im a big fan of Trophy Taker rests. Smackdown Pro is my favorite or the Xtreme FC. Both are simple and easy to set up.

How can you determine what a good spine for him is without knowing his poundage and tip weights?

On the assumption your shooing 70# you could add 50-75 grains to the insert, a 125 grain head, and easily shoot the .300 spine. Your FOC would be through the roof, your setup will be forgiving as hell, and your momentum will carry you through most anything.

OP
R

rhendrix

WKR
I was planning on paper tuning the axis nano's I have and going from there. Read several guys that are shooting a 300 spine though with the insanity with good results, I can only imagine OR has this same experience.

ChanceH

FNG
I shoot the .300 VAP with the SS outsert and love the accuracy and flight due to high FOC. With that draw length assuming 70#'s and some added weight up front, unless you start to see some accuracy issues I would think you will be fine. The insanity shoots a heavy arrow well, and packs one hell of a punch!

chobbs

Lil-Rokslider
A 300 spine would work pretty good on that bow anywhere in your 60-70# range, assuming your DL isn't shorter than around 27" Just load a heavy head for FOC and a little more "flex". The beauty of that bow is that you can do some sweet tuning to get shafts to fly great. It is a hammer of a bow to begin with. If you are a shorter DL and shooting lower # then I would go with a 340 spine though.

ChanceH, do you mind sharing the specifics on your setup? Draw length, poundage, total arrow weight, point weight, Looks like your shooting exactly what I'm considering upgrading to.

ChanceH

FNG
No problem. I shoot Insanity CPX. Left hand - 80# draw weight - 27.5" DL. VAP 300 w SS outsert 100 gr head. 18% FOC. Arrows have Pin bushings and nocks with blazers and 7" wrap. Finished weight is 465 grains shooting 299FPS give or take. I have always shot an 80# bow because I can handle it well (still young and strong, lol) and it lets me keep arrow weight up along with plenty of speed.

OP
R

rhendrix

WKR
Chance, that's a ton if KE buddy. Thanks for the input everyone. I'm anxiously hoping that this bow will be on my door step tomorrow.

OP
R

rhendrix

WKR
Haha yes it is. You should see what it does to these Texas white tails. And big hogs? no problem, I just AIM for the shoulder!

Chance, I can only imagine dude. With any luck I'll get to test out the KE on a buck mid-December.