Hamskea Hybrid Hunter Pro Micro Fletching Contact

Cibearse

FNG
Recently purchased a Hamskea Hybrid Hunter Pro Micro. I really like the rest so far, however I am having issues with my fletching contact on the arrow launcher when shooting. I had the rest installed at a local archery shop, then after shooting it a while noticed marks on both the fletching and launcher. I brought it back to the shop and they were still not able to correct the issue.

I should preface this by saying that before varying the activation cord location I did adjust the slack to loosen and tighten the activation cord and found neither helped with fletching contact so I ruled that out prior to moving forward.

I was able to eliminate fletching contact by moving the cord further towards the limb pocket (Roughly 3.5" from the limb tip), and lowering the rest height to 3 notches from the top.

My issue is that although I now have no fletching contact, I am getting a high tear when paper tuning. I then moved the rest up two notches to remove the high tear and no matter where I place the activation cord or vary the slack in the cord I still have fletching contact. It is as if there is a sweet spot with 3 notches down from top and 3.5" from limb tip for the cord and it won't contact the fletchings, but anywhere else for rest height or limb activation chord location and I see fletching contact..

FYI I am shooting a 2020 PSE Brute NXT and Easton 4mm Axis Pro Long Range Match Grade Arrows with AAE Max Hunter Vanes (4 fletch). I have varied the nock to make fletchings resemble an "X" and not a "T" and that didn't seem to help matters any. I am using athletes foot spray to verify contact.

Any help with this matter is greatly appreciated, thanks.

HuntWyld

WKR
Place it where it has no vane contact and then lower your nocking point slightly to fix the tail high tear.

OP
C

Cibearse

FNG
Place it where it has no vane contact and then lower your nocking point slightly to fix the tail high tear.
I thought about that, but kind of defeats the point of paying $150 for ability to micro tune if I have to rely on adjusting nocking point.

Here's how I would approach it:
  1. Adjust rest timing as described here: https://www.rokslide.com/forums/threads/timing-of-a-limb-driven-rest.264083/
  2. Adjust rest elevation and nocking point location so the arrow is running level through the Berger hole.
  3. Check cam timing to make sure both draw stops are hitting at the same time.
  4. Check for vane contact. Advance rest timing and/or increase launcher angle if the vanes are hitting the launcher.
  5. Adjust rest elevation in small increments as needed to correct high/low paper tear.

Last edited:

wapitibob

WKR
I thought about that, but kind of defeats the point of paying $150 for ability to micro tune if I have to rely on adjusting nocking point.
Rest and nock location on the string in relation to cam timing will influence your nock end arrow flight. Way more visible on a single cam but it needs to be considered on a two cam bow. Some bows like the arrow thru rest hole, some almost above it. That location also influences your hold and pin float.

HuntWyld

WKR
Just because your rest moves doesn’t mean you won’t have to shim cams or adjust nocking point.

I use a Blake's Hitch on my pull cord so I can loosen it and tighten it as needed to work on, store, etc. Its nice because I can retighten it every day whereas the string clamp is just set in place. You could try that and maybe you can get your rest to stay out of the way. It could also be your bow as other have already said. Good luck

Attachments

• PXL_20220915_202242765.jpg
    PXL_20220915_202242765.jpg
    431.5 KB · Views: 12