Inreach/zoleo talk to each other

fullstrut

FNG
Zoleo support confirmed there is a way inreach users can message zoleo back and forth… as long as the garmin user starts the convo. Anyone have any experience doing this? Pros cons? I have the zoleo so I’m already familiar with the messaging to regular phone users which seems easy to me now

mtnbound

Lil-Rokslider
With Garmin, you have to start the message thread and send it to the Zoleo number. Then, the Zoleo user continues to use the same message thread to communicate with the Garmin user.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you’ve tried starting it from a Zoleo are you selecting the phone number or email from your contact? I’m wondering if you send it to the email associated with their garmin account vs their phone number if that makes a difference?

mtnbound

Lil-Rokslider
If you’ve tried starting it from a Zoleo are you selecting the phone number or email from your contact? I’m wondering if you send it to the email associated with their garmin account vs their phone number if that makes a difference?

Good catch, I forgot to mention that in my post for InReach to InReach comms you have to use the email address that is linked to your device and probably need to do the same with the Zoleo to InReach.