Inreach mini vs messenger

mtnbound

Lil-Rokslider
Just got back from a week out with the mini 2. Fortunately it didn’t race through battery life like it sometimes has, but sending messages through the messenger app worked less than 50% of the time, so had to send messages manually through the device.
No clear reasons or setting changes that I could tell.
Kind of a pain in the ass, not a happy customer….

I use the Earthmate app for sending messages. I found the Messenger app a pain as it tries to send messages via cell or satellite.

BBob

WKR
Just got back from a week out with the mini 2. Fortunately it didn’t race through battery life like it sometimes has, but sending messages through the messenger app worked less than 50% of the time, so had to send messages manually through the device.
No clear reasons or setting changes that I could tell.
Kind of a pain in the ass, not a happy customer….
I wonder if something is up with your particular unit? I’ve owned and used the Mini 2 since it came out. I switched over to the Messenger app at the same time and have had zero problems. I use it year round and not just for hunting. Hasn’t failed me once. We also use it for long distance marathon type event race tracking and coms as well and so far so good. We can see the 10 minute updated pings on the map pretty much without error so we know where people are. No weird battery issues ever.

Does the Garmin messenger provide a static 10 digit number for receiving messages? It kills me that my Garmin mini does not, since I have to use a message to proactively message people once I’m out in the field so they have my temporary number to reach me. Making me switch to Zoleo this season unless messenger changed that.

-J
No, that is the same. It is very annoying