Inreach Mini battery replacement

My battery goes dead after a couple days even when powed off so thinking it's time for a new battery. Anyone replace theirs? If so what brand did you buy?

OP
C
Ttt one time before I just buy one. Was hoping someone else has replaced one and had some experience.

You can try garmin and see if they’ll replace it. Even if it’s out of warranty they may switch it out with a refurb and you pay a fee that’s much less than buying a new one.

I had a Fenix 3 or 5 (can’t remember which one) battery go bad outside of warranty years back and I think I had to pay somewhere around $100 for a refurb. Beat the hell out of whatever the price of a new one was at the time.

sf jakey

Lil-Rokslider
I can’t tell you, but I can tell you we now have a couple fires a week from aftermarket or repaired lithium ion batteries malfunctioning. Spend the money to have Garmin do it correctly.

OP
C
A new Garmin battery in $40. Was just looking for some personal experience, but it looks like I'll just go woth the Garmin. Thanks!

At least it’s something. I think my InReach mini has some kind of parasitic drain on the battery. Fully charged and shut off for a couple weeks. Then it will be at ~75-80% when I turn it on again. Not reassuring. It does seem to charge up normally though. Keep us updated on your experience with Garmin.

OP
C
Though I'd follow up on this. The process was very easy and fast. They emailed a prepaid shipping label to send the old one in and as soon as they received it, the new one was shipped to me. I think I was without it for a week.

Zero complaints.

OP
C
Did Garmin ask if you had upgraded firmware first, to see if that may fix the issue?
No and I've kept up with that. I believe the battery just gave out and it maybe happening more as these units age. Garmin asked zero questions making me think I'm not the first either. I'm plenty happy with the $130 door to door.