Info on Lowa tibet gtx hi boots.

currdog

FNG
New member.I have to say ive been a boot finatic for many years.I follow coondogs and squirrel dogs in the rough hills of TN.I learned the difference in a good quality boot after purchasing a pair of Meindl canadas.Ive since wore Lowa,kenetrek,zamberlan,and have a new pair of crispi yet to be worn.My favorites have been Meindl with Lowa a close second.Im seeing good prices on lowa tibet gtx hi boots and have always wanted to try them but they dont come in wide.well ive recently learned the tibet hi is supposedly made on a wide last.Anyone on here that has this boot that wears a EE width that can verify that it will fit a wider foot?I love my regular tibets and would try the hi . THANKS

I have a pair of Tibet GTX regular height boots in a 10 W. Are you sure that you can't get the high ones in a wide size ?

OP
C

currdog

FNG
I have a pair of Tibet GTX regular height boots in a 10 W. Are you sure that you can't get the high ones in a wide size ?
I also have the regular tibets in wide and like them.They are just barely wide enough.But the tibet gtx hi and the hunter for some weird reason are not available in wide.I was told they were made on a wide last but that was incorrect.Id buy a pair if they came in wide.

Jimss

WKR
I have Tibet in wide and they are a great boot. The only things I don’t like about them are they are pretty stiff for stalking quietly and they are pretty heavy.

I mostly wear them in deep snow when I don’t hike very far.