In What Order Should I Buy Gear?

1. Good boots and socks. Around $200, $35
2. Decent binos. Vortex diamondbacks 10x42 are around $235
3. Baselayer of smart wool or merino wool. Light outer rain jacket for $40 at bass pro
4. About $250 worth of rifle scope. Vortex, Nikon, Burris, etc
5. Cheaper frame pack. Freighter style, about $100... U don't need a $300 pack at all to get started...

Used mountaineering /outdoor store for boots, clothes, pack. Rokslide classifieds for some used binos and hunting gear. Have fun, know how to read maps and use them along with your satellite/gps/ phone stuff! Carry 2 energizer headlamps with fresh batteries.

summs

Lil-Rokslider
Id start with clothing, you can wear it to hunt local to you now and it gives you time to learn layering and how well it works. Then shoes. Then a good back pack.

cjdewese

WKR
Considering where you are hunting, I'd make sure your clothing and boots are up to the task so you can spend more time in the field.

If you are wet and miserable you won't be focused on hunting or be able to stay out long enough to be effective.

Phaseolus

WKR
Boots first, a quality brand that fits your feet. Sometimes you won’t get ‘that’ pair without a failure or two. They should be used year round while you are learning your craft and accumulating gear.

Luked

WKR
Boots in my opinion are #1. Takes a while to find good ones that fit right and also get them broke in.
2nd would be a pack.
Then optics.