Im loving my Exo 3500

Im digging the new Exo skeleton frame. I have been using the heck out of this pack spring bear hunting. The 2 side pockets are working great for my tripod and spotter, the top lid is usually stuffed with snacks, camera and anything I need to get to quickly, like extra shells. The 3500 Bag is very spacious and will work great for that lengthy backcountry stay(3-10 days). Keep in mind I like to take a minimalist approach on most of my backpack hunts. I think the load hauling capability and ease of use is perfect for my style of hunting. The guys at Exo mountain gear nailed the overall design of this pack. Im giving my 2 thumbs up!

Attachments

• 025.jpg
    025.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 394
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 358
  • 038.jpg
    038.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 356

jherald

WKR
I like the Multi-Cam. I was on the fence over Foliage or Multi-Cam and glad I ordered Multi-Cam.

I just got to see my new 2015 Exo 3500. I like every change about it except maybe the shoulder harness?? From the looks of it. If you happen to have a long torso you will have very minimal Velcro contact. Seems as if it was put together for short people as the Velcro sits very low??? Will have to see. Definitely like the new lid and added cross members to the frame!!

OP
truearrow7
hammer, I am 6' 3" with a long torso and I honestly haven't needed to adjust mine one bit.

twall13

WKR
I just got mine and while I haven't had a chance to put it to use I did play around with the fit a little bit. I agree that the velcro makes it tight for longer torsos. I'm 6'1" with a 22" torso and I'm only using about half of the velcro. Having said that they did add some clips to help stabilize the harness in addition to the velcro. The load lifters should help the as well but again, I haven't tested it with a load so I'm kind of guessing here. Overall I'm very pleased with the pack but if I my torso was much longer I think I might run into issues.

IDHUNTER

Lil-Rokslider
i cant remember where Steve mentioned it, probably somewhere on the other thread with 1000+ posts so i'm not going to look, but he had given some facts about the amount of weight that the velcro can hold in a shear force even when the shoulder straps are maxed out. it was a number that none of us would ever even carrying in a backpack. I'd say there's nothing to worry about.

twall13

WKR
i cant remember where Steve mentioned it, probably somewhere on the other thread with 1000+ posts so i'm not going to look, but he had given some facts about the amount of weight that the velcro can hold in a shear force even when the shoulder straps are maxed out. it was a number that none of us would ever even carrying in a backpack. I'd say there's nothing to worry about.
I have no doubt it can hold more weight than I can carry. My concerns are more about the harness staying in position and not shifting since it is attaching to less of the pack itself. Again, I think I'm fine at my torso length but much more and I could see it presenting a problem.

I mentioned the velcro thing as well. Im sure there will be no issues. However it seems the greatest coverage is for a very short person. IF FIT CORRECTLY.... a person with a 20+ torso is not gonna get much velcro contact. Or as much as I would personally prefer?? I like the new frame 1000% more with the added horizontal stays. But definitely prefer the old shoulder harness.

moxford

Lil-Rokslider
If you need more strength- nothing stops you from finding your perfect fit and then having it stitched in place. Just make sure you get it *perfect* before you lock it down or you'll have to get a seam-ripper, adjust and re-stitch.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
If you need more strength- nothing stops you from finding your perfect fit and then having it stitched in place. Just make sure you get it *perfect* before you lock it down or you'll have to get a seam-ripper, adjust and re-stitch.

Thinking outside the box I like it. Exactly why
I have a sewing machine incoming. I love most the gear I use but there are some mlnor tweaks that would make it perfect for me.

Thinking outside the box I like it. Exactly why
I have a sewing machine incoming. I love most the gear I use but there are some mlnor tweaks that would make it perfect for me.

Could not agree more. Obviously companies can not satisfy us all 100%? Close though

buttekid

Lil-Rokslider
Congrats on the bear! I also have a 3500 and have been trying to decide if I should buy a meat shelf or beavertail. Did you use either and how was your packout experience with or without?

Can definitely understand that the velcro looks suspect but we have had zero issues with it. The velcro is really heavy duty military grade that has a shear strength of 20lbs per square inch. Even at the highest torso setting you'll have 360 lbs of shear strength and that doesn't count a good portion of the load gets carried into the metal G-hooks that are attached to the 1" webbing.

Thanks,
Steve