If you had...

sveltri

WKR
The most accurate bow I’VE shot is my Bob Lee (hardcore riser with cobra curve limbs). My favorite bow to shoot is my Poison Dart longbow. I’ve got an ASL on the way so we’ll see where that goes. There are so many options right now, just don’t over bow yourself.

jimh406

WKR
I would buy a takedown bow if for no other reason than it is easier to transport and protect.

I'm not up on how much they cost, but one of the best bows I ever shot was a Black Widow. Do make sure it is long enough for your draw length. I expect most custom shops will be able to tell you what length of their models will be best for you.

Rob5589

WKR
Tolke chinook recurve
Stalker coyote longbow

For 1200 you could pick up each used and try em out before you order so you know what you want. You won’t lose money on resale.
Along that line, pretty certain Stalker has bows you can try; Black Widow does for sure. I'd guess others do as well. Something to consider, try before you buy.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I would buy a takedown bow if for no other reason than it is easier to transport and protect.

I'm not up on how much they cost, but one of the best bows I ever shot was a Black Widow. Do make sure it is long enough for your draw length. I expect most custom shops will be able to tell you what length of their models will be best for you.
Black widows program seems pretty good, I’d especially focus on the grips of you went that route since black widow has like 8 grips to choose from. Mine has the cooling grip and it’s great but I also really like my low wrist ilf grip on my bivouac backland longbow.

TX_Diver

WKR
The most accurate bow I’VE shot is my Bob Lee (hardcore riser with cobra curve limbs). My favorite bow to shoot is my Poison Dart longbow. I’ve got an ASL on the way so we’ll see where that goes. There are so many options right now, just don’t over bow yourself.

Post some pics! Been talking to Buddy over the past few weeks and think I'm going to order one of his bows.

Tdawg21

FNG
Probably a Border Mosstrooper. I’ve got a set of Border Hexx 7.5 ILF limbs and they are smooth and VERY fast. Would really like to try a 1pc Border and I love the lines of the Mosstrooper.

-Dawg

WoodBow

WKR
Bob lee with the fancy new cobra curve limbs. I think that is what they are called.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I really like my bivouac backland but it dosent look like they are offering them currently.

I got a black widow psa and it’s an awesome bow too but the light weight of the bivouac longbow is so nice. I was shooting it this evening and getting pass through a on my 3d targets from ~ 15yds with my Easton 2219s at 753g. Lots of fun to shoot.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I really like my bivouac backland but it dosent look like they are offering them currently.

I got a black widow psa and it’s an awesome bow too but the light weight of the bivouac longbow is so nice. I was shooting it this evening and getting pass through a on my 3d targets from ~ 15yds with my Easton 2219s at 753g. Lots of fun to shoot

Sapcut

WKR
Black Widow PSAX.
I have one bow and use it to hunt and kill animals. Not being a bowmantic bow collector like perhaps most of the trad community, I do not have much experience with other high quality bows but I know they’re out there.

I also had a bear bow for years before getting my BW. I will certainly never own a bear again. Its like going from a Yugo to my Land Cruiser.

From the design, durability, ridiculous smooth draw to 31.5” and 71#, to unmatched customer service… BW is excellent from every angle, imo.

Speaking of BW customer service, i went to a trad shoot where BW was there with a booth. At the time I had 70# bamboo limbs that were a year or so old and in perfect working order as usual. The top limb had two very small white dots on them about 3 mm each. I was talking to Roger w/BW and just asked him what those white dots were and should I be concerned. He said “No, they’re just small bubbles in the finish. Only cosmetic.” Then he said…”What kind of limbs you want”. Huh?

After actually trying to talk him out of it like he was crazy for offering, six weeks later he replaced my perfectly good limbs with brand new $600 limbs. Just ridiculous.

Regarding another quality bow and speed…
My brother had a 60# Tenbrook longbow. I chronographed that bow and my 70# BW with the same exact arrow that was somewhere around 850 grains. They both shot the exact same speed with same exact arrow. Not sure if Tenbrook is still alive but that was a high performer for sure.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Black Widow PSAX.
I have one bow and use it to hunt and kill animals. Not being a bowmantic bow collector like perhaps most of the trad community, I do not have much experience with other high quality bows but I know they’re out there.

I also had a bear bow for years before getting my BW. I will certainly never own a bear again. Its like going from a Yugo to my Land Cruiser.

From the design, durability, ridiculous smooth draw to 31.5” and 71#, to unmatched customer service… BW is excellent from every angle, imo.

Speaking of BW customer service, i went to a trad shoot where BW was there with a booth. At the time I had 70# bamboo limbs that were a year or so old and in perfect working order as usual. The top limb had two very small white dots on them about 3 mm each. I was talking to Roger w/BW and just asked him what those white dots were and should I be concerned. He said “No, they’re just small bubbles in the finish. Only cosmetic.” Then he said…”What kind of limbs you want”. Huh?

After actually trying to talk him out of it like he was crazy for offering, six weeks later he replaced my perfectly good limbs with brand new $600 limbs. Just ridiculous.

Regarding another quality bow and speed…
My brother had a 60# Tenbrook longbow. I chronographed that bow and my 70# BW with the same exact arrow that was somewhere around 850 grains. They both shot the exact same speed with same exact arrow. Not sure if Tenbrook is still alive but that was a high performer for sure.
I have a Black Widow Greenleaf PSA that is 62" and 54lb@28" so closer to 60 at my draw length. I know its a great bow but man, after shooting only my longbow for the past few months, that BW recurve just feels clunky and loud. I guess maybe I need to put the longbow away for a bit until the recurve starts feeling normal again.
Last night. I was just sinking 2219s right where I was looking from the longbow, I pulled out the recurve and couldnt make a good shot for anything. I figured I hang the bow up for the day before I lost an arrow.

Btaylor

WKR
So many nice options out there.

I'd love to buy a Stalker because I think South seems like a fantastic person and he does beautiful work.
The Toelke bows are very appealing as well.
The Bob Lee stuff looks incredible.
Already got a Widow (PCH) so if I went that way I'd likely get a longbow.
Also loving my two ASL's but a Yukon Styk would be incredible.

Just dropped a heap of cash on a compound so won't get a new stickbow for ages now. Will be juggling all my other bows.
You definitely need a stalker in the stable.

Not ILF? Toelke/Wengerd/Widow would be my top three picks. I suppose I could be talked into a Bob Lee P3, with their carbon limbs.