If you had....

If you had enough money to buy the best, most ultralight yet most durable and reliable equipment on the market, what would your entire set-up consist of?

tstowater

WKR
That is the most loaded question asked on this forum yet. It all depends on the type of hunt, when and where it occurs, etc. I think you might get a more focused answer if you focus the hunt description. By the way, just got off the phone with KUIU. It feels like all my money is being sucked to CA. To bad that have access to all this information at our fingertips. Makes you realize how little you actually know. How did we ever survive before the internet?

cmeier117

WKR
Kifaru shelter and pack. (Already have those)
Athen Aflixtion bow
Lathrop and sons gold boot package
Kuiu complete system
Montbell bag with Neo air all season pad (Got those)
Zeiss optics and outdoorsman tripod.

These are the big things on my list.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Only thing I would change is a chance to run a McHale, but for $1600 for the pack I want from McHale I think I'll just own 2.5 Kifaru packs. :D See they aren't so expensive now are they.

Everything else I pretty much already have and blessed to be in a position where I already own it and don't have to worked all my weekends to pay for them.

The one change/upgrade would be my sleeping bag I'd use without my wife, I'd opt for the Western Mountaineering Versalite for everything but Kodiak and other wet wet wet hunts and that would be a Integral Designs Sleeping Bag from Barney's Sports Chalet.

JG358

WKR
I'm pretty happy wiuth most of my stuff, only have a couple things I'd change/add

Stuff I'm happy with... couple Kifaru shelters, Kifaru Pack, clothing system(First Lite, Sitka, Kuiu), Slick bag, Exped UL7...

I'd still like some different boots(probably Hanwag mountain lights) and a Swaro or Ziess spotter. I'd also like to pick up a big rig pack raft. Might swap the Supertarp for a Megatarp down the road and pick up a smaller pack stove.

Last edited: