Idiot shooters

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
He’s talking about state trust land. Not public, NF, or BLM land.
Was wondering too. Figured AZ state land was like Colorado where it’s not necessarily a free use public property.

I've seen some really poor form with target shooters here in Colorado too.

Worst one was a group of guys on USFS land that parked and started shooting their AR's on top of a small ridge without checking what was behind and down the ridge less than 200 yards away from their targets - campsites. Designated numbered campsites occupied by families with kids. The campers called 911 and vacated their campsites when bullets started wizzing above their heads and hitting branches behind their camp as they were eating breakfast.

Second worst was a father and 10 year old son shooting across a busy forest service road and when confronted by people walking their dogs down the road the father got very verbally combative in front of his own kid. Great parenting dad.

Don't get me started with the amount of trash target shooters leave behind. I'm constantly cleaning up one of my favorite places to shoot so that it doesn't get closed due to others being slobs.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member

Worst one was a group of guys on USFS land that parked and started shooting their AR's on top of a small ridge without checking what was behind and down the ridge less than 200 yards away from their targets - campsites. Designated numbered campsites occupied by families with kids. The campers called 911 and vacated their campsites when bullets started wizzing above their heads and hitting branches behind their camp as they were eating breakfast.

Second worst was a father and 10 year old son shooting across a busy forest service road and when confronted by people walking their dogs down the road the father got very verbally combative in front of his own kid. Great parenting dad.

Don't get me started with the amount of trash target shooters leave behind. I'm constantly cleaning up one of my favorite places to shoot so that it doesn't get closed due to others being slobs.
Park county?

Beendare

WKR
Most people just weren't taught anything, or were too dumb to listen.

The average person is an idiot, and half the population is dumber than that.

Sadly that is true.

Teaching common sense and personal accountability is rare…now its all about diversity and inclusion….which are also good principles but are implemented over and above anything else.

OMF

Lil-Rokslider

Friend, we must be going to some of the same areas. I've had a handful of similar, and sometimes troubling experiences similar to above. I've started taking a rake, trash bags, and a box to do some cleanup after I shoot at some of the target shooting areas. If the trash and destruction continue, I don't see access to some areas here lasting too much longer.

OP
N

Naiche

Lil-Rokslider
"so what are you going to do about it?" think I will call the game warden. I was in there scouting water for archery deer. I thought about just taking their crap down but it's not my job to police people like that. AZGFD can seize their gongs or maybe bust them. Dummies obviously can't read the signs going in.

way, way too many people live in their own head in the moment. they are nearly incapable of thinking beyond themselves.

Those signs clearly state that no permits are required for someone to trespass there and no violators will be prosecuted for target shooting or dumping. Sounds like a nice place to set up a range!
They did kind of pork the pooch on their grammar. “NO TRESPASSING PERMIT REQUIRED”. and “ NO TARGET SHOOTING OR DUMPING VIOLATORS WILL BE FINED”. Some periods would clear that right up.

Still, I’d like to hear what the judge would say if somebody tried to use this defense.

“ Your honor, the state has committed egregious and violent grammatical violations, thereby misleading my idiot client and almost forcing him to shoot, dump, and trespass at this site”

Last edited: