Idaho unit 39 wolf opportunity

BadgerTac

FNG
Hey guys, I got a mule deer tag for 39 in October of 2023. I do a lot coyote hunting back home and was going to grab a few wolf tags incase we run into a pack, or tag out and have a few days left to chase wolves. I’m not familiar with the areas wolf population. Is there any opportunity for wolves in unit 39?

FLATHEAD

WKR
One thing is for sure, if you dont have the tag, you will see wolves.
You just never know.

OP
BadgerTac

BadgerTac

FNG
Yeah I’m for sure buying a few tags just to have them. If we tag out we will go looking for wolves. But it will also give me the chance to go back out later in the year

bbernedo

FNG
We have been to 39 about five times mule deer hunting and have heard wolves everytime. We have yet to actually see one though.

OP
BadgerTac

BadgerTac

FNG
October can come soon enough. I’ve never hunted outside of Wisconsin so this will be a hell of an experience for me

bbernedo

FNG
October can come soon enough. I’ve never hunted outside of Wisconsin so this will be a hell of an experience for me
Thats great, out of state hunting is my favorite thing to do. I am sure it will be a memorable experience. The best advice I can give for 39 is get to a place before dark where you can glass over a big area.

Hey guys, I got a mule deer tag for 39 in October of 2023. I do a lot coyote hunting back home and was going to grab a few wolf tags incase we run into a pack, or tag out and have a few days left to chase wolves. I’m not familiar with the areas wolf population. Is there any opportunity for wolves in unit 39?
How did the hunt go? Any wolf sightings?

OP
BadgerTac

BadgerTac

FNG
I actually was able to swap my tag for unit 48. Heard some wolves howl a few times and saw tracks but didn’t get on any wolves. Tried calling a few times for them but no luck. Killed a few coyotes. Only saw about 40 deer total in my 10 days. And only two were bucks both small. I let the 2 point walk and then the small 3x4 I didn’t want to shoot but my buddy took it, he’s a resident