Idaho Unit 27

Status
Not open for further replies.

mci79

FNG
Hey guys, this is a total Hail Mary on my part. Just found out that due to the dreaded C word (cancer; not the Aussie slang term) and pending surgery, I will only have one weekend to hunt this year.
Looking for any help in Unit 27 (elk and/or deer). Not looking for a monster or a secret honey hole (sounds like you need horses and a guide to have any real chance at success) but if anyone is willing to share infor on where I could even see animals it would be greatly appreciated. I’ll be staying in Challis and plan on hunting 9/19-9/21, if that helps.
Thanks

Sorry about that diagnosis. Hopefully someone can be more help. I've been scouting unit 23 to no avail but I've ruled out some land. Your entire unit is wilderness, if I was in your shoes Id rent a four wheeler to ensure you can get far enough out. Or start cold calling guides.... 3 days goes FAST in these big landscapes

OP
M

mci79

FNG
Sorry about that diagnosis. Hopefully someone can be more help. I've been scouting unit 23 to no avail but I've ruled out some land. Your entire unit is wilderness, if I was in your shoes Id rent a four wheeler to ensure you can get far enough out. Or start cold calling guides.... 3 days goes FAST in these big landscapes
I’m more afraid of the terrain than the diagnosis 🤣 Luckily I’m semi-young and have a good long term prognosis, as long as surgery goes as planned.
Thanks for the advice. I have a four wheeler and am planning on taking it with me. I’ll try reaching out to guides too.

Smart man! Regarding elevation, its tough, but low population densities are my biggest fear out here. As my backyard neighbor puts it, his nice 4x4 (deer not four wheeler) in his garage was the only thing alive in the frank church that year!

littlebigtine

Lil-Rokslider
hard to bonzai the frank for a weekend and get it done. Specially if its your first bonzai. If i were you id try to some non-traditional tactics like glassing with your binos upside down. But seriously dont try to do it like every other guy without horses that dreams of backpack hunting in a wilderness area. Think outside the box

Status
Not open for further replies.