IDAHO / MCCALL B TAG

OP
BrokeTrapDad
Anyone truly passionate about hunting does learn to appreciate the whole process....including helping out other hunters. If you're not helping out fellow hunters you are only helping the anti hunters. Good luck this year and have a safe hunt.
YEs sir !

freddyG

WKR
I got a laugh out of the “willing to work hard”, but “where are the elk”? post. This is not a knock on the OP, because it’s about impossible to scout, or do much research from another state. I totally understand the frustration.
That being said, your first trip is most likely going to be a learning experience. Count on it. I live close to there and can find elk almost instantly, but for someone not from around here, its going to be very difficult. The days of plentiful elk are behind us.

I got a laugh out of the “willing to work hard”, but “where are the elk”? post. This is not a knock on the OP, because it’s about impossible to scout, or do much research from another state. I totally understand the frustration.
That being said, your first trip is most likely going to be a learning experience. Count on it. I live close to there and can find elk almost instantly, but for someone not from around here, its going to be very difficult. The days of plentiful elk are behind us.
True story. Pre season scouting is good to get to know the terrain . By the time B season rolls around, those elk have been chased for a month of archery season and another 2 weeks of spike only season. Where you seen elk in July and August is not where they are going to be in mid October.

KurtR

WKR
I hunted that unit for 3 years saw a few elk never killed one saw a wolf and bear. Beautiful ass kicking country. Good luck do the opposite of me and you will do good haha

IDspud

Lil-Rokslider
Did the last two days backpacking out there in the jungle gym of death. Didn’t understand why there were no other hunters until we realized how thick the shit we were in is. If you’re archery hunting I will be out solo for the rest of the season when my buddy goes back to work next week. Wouldn’t mind having company.

Attachments

• D61E491B-20E4-4CC6-A90E-DD5B9B7AD91F.jpeg
    D61E491B-20E4-4CC6-A90E-DD5B9B7AD91F.jpeg
    767.8 KB · Views: 50

Tjwjr89

FNG
Hope you have better luck than we did with the wolves. We went from good bugles the first morning to wolves howling every morning and afternoon the rest of the week and it seemed to shut everything down. Wolf tracks seemed to be everywhere we moved.

Okhotnik

WKR
Hope you have better luck than we did with the wolves. We went from good bugles the first morning to wolves howling every morning and afternoon the rest of the week and it seemed to shut everything down. Wolf tracks seemed to be everywhere we moved.
that's a problem with that unit

People like that are not even worth my time or key strokes..Your input is much appreciated and respected, I always like the " out of state hunter F them " blah blah yet last I checked everybody loves eating the fruits and vegies from my state etc etc I can go on and on.... Wait this is still the USA correct and we are all public land owners or maybe I'm wrong hmmm anyhow you get the point.. Cheers and have a good day
You get what you pay for on the internet. Also, I hunt out of state every single year, multiple states with the understanding that the first trip to a new area is essentially a scouting trip and if I get lucky I will see and kill something. I put in the time and the work. Not once have I hopped on a forum and asked for info on a specific area or unit or tag. My comment wasn’t an F out of state hunters comment. I work for the feds and have moved around quite a bit, and even lived in your state for 7 years. I grew up in idaho, have a lifetime hunting license there, but currently live in TN. I am hunting a new spot I have never been to in idaho this year. I am doing a DIY moose hunt in Alaska in two weeks, never been to alaska or been moose hunting. So I am not some idaho resident pissed that non residents are hunting my state. You will also not see me on forums asking for unit specific info from my fellow WKRs.

Josh

FNG
I’ve gone 2/3 in that unit on archery bulls, going in blind my first hunt. Find elk, be up with the sun and stay out all day. Persistence pays off. Best of luck to you!

sneaky

"DADDY"
People like that are not even worth my time or key strokes..Your input is much appreciated and respected, I always like the " out of state hunter F them " blah blah yet last I checked everybody loves eating the fruits and vegies from my state etc etc I can go on and on.... Wait this is still the USA correct and we are all public land owners or maybe I'm wrong hmmm anyhow you get the point.. Cheers and have a good day
Don't kid yourself. Fruits and veggies are grown everywhere. The number one export from your state is liberalism.

IdahoSwede

Lil-Rokslider
You get what you pay for on the internet. Also, I hunt out of state every single year, multiple states with the understanding that the first trip to a new area is essentially a scouting trip and if I get lucky I will see and kill something. I put in the time and the work. Not once have I hopped on a forum and asked for info on a specific area or unit or tag. My comment wasn’t an F out of state hunters comment. I work for the feds and have moved around quite a bit, and even lived in your state for 7 years. I grew up in idaho, have a lifetime hunting license there, but currently live in TN. I am hunting a new spot I have never been to in idaho this year. I am doing a DIY moose hunt in Alaska in two weeks, never been to alaska or been moose hunting. So I am not some idaho resident pissed that non residents are hunting my state. You will also not see me on forums asking for unit specific info from my fellow WKRs.
What are your acceptable questions lists?