Idaho Archery Mule Deer Hunt

7mag.

WKR
Thanks for taking us along, Robby. I admire your patience and persistence. I think most people don't understand how much frustration is involved in hunting trophy animals.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
thanks 7mag. Yip, you certainly don't just hike out on public land and take trophy buck. Takes a ton of time, at least it has for me. Thanks

ceng

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for posting this. It's fun getting to learn from a pro. I look forward to seeing the next installment.

ScottR_EHJ

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
It does take a lot of time and effort. Many trips to the same places just to find their hide outs. Great patience Robby, i have learned a lot!

The cliffhanger and then the hacking combined to make things very exciting for those of us in the bleachers. Maybe not as exciting or heartbreaking as for you.Thanks for making it really hard to not keep checking the computer and swearing about Syrians!

Thanks for bringing us along.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Hey guys, thanks for the kind words. I figure the best way to help Rokslide members hunt mule deer is to share my real world experiences pretty much live in the field. We appreciate your support of our sponsors as that is really what makes Rokslide and these hunts possible.

Here is an update of the latest hunt for Jalapeno. A heartbreak for sure.
http://www.rokslide.com/easyblog/entry/live-hunt-idaho-archery-buck-hunt

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
No Triple, I've got outfitter commitments for the rifle, so it's archery or nothing. He was alone this morning which got me excited. It's been neat to watch him go from the big bach herds a month ago to just hanging with another buck to alone today. Of course, he could still hook up with other bucks.

I always laugh when I read your tagline.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Ok Roksliders, it's Sunday evening- tomorrow is the last day. I'm headed out for Jalapeno country in the next hour. Camp at the bottom of the mountain tonight and hike in before daylight for the 15th day of chasing him. It's my last chance at him, maybe forever. I only say that because I have only ever found a few bucks the next year for whatever reason. Seems like if you don't get them the year you see them, they are tough to find again. I have had it happen a few times, though.
Anyway, follow the Rok Blog tomorrow and see how it pans out. I'm thankful to God for this chance to hunt a rare and great buck, whether I get him or not.
http://www.rokslide.com/easyblog/ent...hery-buck-hunt

7mag.

WKR
Good luck Robby. Even if you don't get him, you get to be out doing what you love. I have always felt that getting an animal is a bonus, the hunting is what I am there for.