I was never supposed to be a bowler.

Douglasr

Lil-Rokslider
My parents both played varsity basketball.
But the first time I felt the effortless, gravity defying slide of a polished ball gliding down a freshly waxed lane, I knew I had found purpose.
The invigorating sensation of the hand dryer accelerating the process of evaporation as I enter a closed loop thought process and approach the arrow zone targets.
The medicinal benefits of the diet. consuming pizza and fries after touching many shared balls that contribute to a harmonious gut biome.
Bowling has become central to my core land ethic and is how I’ve found reason and purpose in an unfulfilling world.
Whether we choose to or not, we all have the intellect and intuition to bowl.

Hnthrdr

WKR
But the first time I felt the effortless, gravity defying slide of a polished ball gliding down a freshly waxed lane, I knew I had found purpose.
The invigorating sensation of the hand dryer accelerating the process of evaporation as I enter a closed loop thought process and approach the arrow zone targets.
The medicinal benefits of the diet. consuming pizza and fries after touching many shared balls that contribute to a harmonious gut biome.
Bowling has become central to my core land ethic and is how I’ve found reason and purpose in an unfulfilling world.
Did The Dude write this? Cause that is just like his opinion Man…
So beautiful, so sincere… and now subscribe to my instagram so I can show you all the awesome gear I use and give you a discount code for 3% off these 999$ waders and 200$ t-shirt

4cMuley

Lil-Rokslider
How come few ever talk about the strange, primal joy of dispatching your quarry quickly? Few things bring me the feeling of a “bang-flop”. there’s something oddly satisfying about it - like society says I shouldn’t feel this way but I sure as hell do. Sure I always have a tinge of grief but this is what we evolved to do. To claim otherwise is dumb and grifting

Edited to add so people don’t think I’m a psycho lol - I hunt for a lot of reasons but all those reasons boil down to Joy. The adventure, the animals, seeing things you don’t see sitting at home, something hilarious seems to always happen with buddies while out. I end up camping and hiking with a gun/bow way more than killing on any given trip. I certainly don’t do it for the meat. That’s an awesome bonus with a ridiculously expensive cost per pound.

Last edited:
OP
D

Douglasr

Lil-Rokslider
The pins, a metaphor for life.
The eternal cycle of being knocked down, only to learn to pick ourselves up.
The pin setter, like a hand from a father, mother, mentor or teacher.
Extending its grasp to help right ourselves before another 14lbs Brunswick comes silently down the lane like an asteroid through the galaxy to knock us to our asses yet again.

ProStaffSteve

Lil-Rokslider
How come few ever talk about the strange, primal joy of dispatching your quarry quickly? Few things bring me the feeling of a “bang-flop”. there’s something oddly satisfying about it - like society says I shouldn’t feel this way but I sure as hell do. Sure I always have a tinge of grief but this is what we evolved to do. To claim otherwise is dumb and grifting

Edited to add so people don’t think I’m a psycho lol - I hunt for a lot of reasons but all those reasons boil down to Joy. The adventure, the animals, seeing things you don’t see sitting at home, something hilarious seems to always happen with buddies while out. I end up camping and hiking with a gun/bow way more than killing on any given trip. I certainly don’t do it for the meat. That’s an awesome bonus with a ridiculously expensive cost per pound.
love the black antlers on your profile pic.

The pins, a metaphor for life.
The eternal cycle of being knocked down, only to learn to pick ourselves up.
The pin setter, like a hand from a father, mother, mentor or teacher.
Extending its grasp to help right ourselves before another 14lbs Brunswick comes silently down the lane like an asteroid through the galaxy to knock us to our asses yet again.

Dude, I want what you're smokin.

Windigo

Lil-Rokslider

No Donny, these men are nihilists. There's nothing to be afraid of.

Windigo

Lil-Rokslider
Some days you et the bar, and... some times the bar ets you.

I don't know about you guys, but nothing makes me feel more in tune with nature than donning myself with space age materials and then killing something beautiful.
I could almost feel the per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances leaching from my rain gear, slowly making their way into the earth where they would contaminate the groundwater forever. My eternal mark on this fragile landscape.

Hnthrdr

WKR
I don't know about you guys, but nothing makes me feel more in tune with nature than donning myself with space age materials and then killing something beautiful.
Which is why I hunt in the nude, I make sure to do lots of stretching at the trailhead and trying to talk to as many folks that pull up, I don’t get the “otc is crowded comments” it never is for me…