I really messed up last night

Marble

WKR
I'm going to throw you a curve ball.
Perhaps your V3x is not set to your ideal draw length. And that Elite was.
All the bows I've had, I've never had one hold way steadier for me when it was at some other draw length than any bow that was set to my ideal draw length. Yes, there are bows that will simply hold better than others, but I do not see that unless they are set for my ideal draw length.
Holding weight is a huge factor in a steady pin as well, usually a higher holding weight will give a bit steadier pin hold. To a point of course.

This right here. DL, holding weight and overall bow weight is what will make a big difference.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

JF_Idaho

Lil-Rokslider
I shot one the other day as well. Really nice bow. Held well, shot well. I ended up picking up the SS34 over it, though. The SS held a little better for me and seemed to me to have a little less vibration. To be fair, neither had a stab on it, but the elite does have the small damper. Both are awesome and could have easily picked the Ethos of the two.

mod-it

Lil-Rokslider
Many people shoot at least an inch longer than they should. Any measurement is just a starting point. Your hold/float should be what determines your actual DL, not what you can shoot.
This. So much this.

I'm going to throw you a curve ball.
Perhaps your V3x is not set to your ideal draw length. And that Elite was.
All the bows I've had, I've never had one hold way steadier for me when it was at some other draw length than any bow that was set to my ideal draw length. Yes, there are bows that will simply hold better than others, but I do not see that unless they are set for my ideal draw length.
Holding weight is a huge factor in a steady pin as well, usually a higher holding weight will give a bit steadier pin hold. To a point of course.
This is spot on! I usually shoot trad, but I set up a compound this season due to life circumstances. It is amazing how much better I can hold on target with just a couple twists in the cables or strings to fuzz that draw length to perfection.

This is why I don't go into the shop anymore. Buying a bow press saved me money in the long run :)

This is my exact life story! But I did stop into the shop after the elite came out and have one on order now lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JBubs

FNG
After reading these post I am wondering if my setup is slightly off, maybe try taking a 1/2" off my DL and see what happens.

I also avoid shooting new bows for this very dilemma....haha