I know there's no such thing as a stupid question...

rhendrix

WKR
...but, I picked up a Sitka traverse hoody in xxl, the xl that I tried on was just to tight for my liking and the sleeves were a tad too short. The xxl seems to be too big though, especially since I'm trying to lose 35 pounds. Is there any harm to having mid-layers that are a little to big? I could always get a seamstress to take in some of the shirt, but I'm not sure I wanna go that route, and I really don't wanna deal with the hassle of selling them and buying a size smaller unless I absolutely have too. I realize I'm probably over thinking this, but I thought I'd ask anyways.

Last edited:

KNPV PSD

Lil-Rokslider
In my experience you really want the base layer to fit correctly. It needs to be close fitting to pull moisture from your skin as well as not having to much air to heat up.

I'd find a different brand that fits you better.

OP
R

rhendrix

WKR
Well I have a short sleeve merino kuiu shirt that I wear as a base layer. These pieces are for layering.

I had the same problem with the Krptex Cerdic II. 2XL was too tight in the arms but the 3XL was slightly too big elsewhere. I tried it out under my Cadog jacket while hunting and it was very comfortable and did not bunch up like I thought it would.

If the sleeves on the XL are too short you for, that will never change no matter how much weight you loose. IMO I would go with the 2xl and have it taken in when you loose the weight.

BTW - The only stupid question is the question that is not asked.

Thats the same situation I was in with the Sitka Traverse. Sold the XXL and tried the Kryptek Sherpa which had longer sleeves in XL. I think I may try the Kuiu merino 230 this year or the First Lite Halstead