I HATE my RCBS chargemaster.

HuntHarder

WKR
Classified Approved
Seems some guys hate the chargemaster and some love it. Clearly the OP has had enough and needs to move on from the CM. I love mine and I would say it throws dead nuts 80-90%. The times it does miss, it is usually within .2 and an easy fix with a plastic spoon and a little finesse. I only load, on average, a few hundred rounds a year and at the most 1k. For me, an extra 15 minutes a 100 rds isn't worth the upgrade to the V4. Everyone values their time differently and I suggest the OP buy the V4.

Gingerman

Lil-Rokslider
Seems some guys hate the chargemaster and some love it. Clearly the OP has had enough and needs to move on from the CM. I love mine and I would say it throws dead nuts 80-90%. The times it does miss, it is usually within .2 and an easy fix with a plastic spoon and a little finesse. I only load, on average, a few hundred rounds a year and at the most 1k. For me, an extra 15 minutes a 100 rds isn't worth the upgrade to the V4. Everyone values their time differently and I suggest the OP buy the V4.
I love seeing guys post on the forums about the value of their time. They must mean, "Off the forums"! :D

WCB

WKR
Could just call RCBS....maybe yours has an issue....If you think any company can't send a bad copy out once in a blue moon you must be constantly jumping from company to company. Seems like

OP
Wildstreak

Wildstreak

Lil-Rokslider
Could just call RCBS....maybe yours has an issue....If you think any company can't send a bad copy out once in a blue moon you must be constantly jumping from company to company. Seems like
I have called them and emailed them. It’s out of warranty so they chose not to help me. My bench is riddled with RCBS equipment, I’m hardly jumping from company to company

AkRyan

WKR
If your press is on the same surface as your scale and your having issues I highly recommend you move your scale or press.
On a efficiency note doing all the powder charges then seating will be faster and more acurate also. I've been using digital scales for 20yrs for my buisness and I can confidently say that cheap scales work damn near as good as $2000 scales! The major difference is the spendy scales can be manually calibrated to any weight ( I have to certify my scales every year) and the cheap ones only calibrate to 50g typically.
I like the idea of a trickler separate from the scale so you can isolate the vibration.

MattB

WKR
I have. But it messes the whole process up as I do powder then seat.

Not a big deal for a few rounds but when I sit down and do a few hundred it’s a pain in the ass
When I have overthrows I just pour a tiny bit back in the hopper and re-weigh. If I dump too much I can tap unit to get a few more grains to drop which usually fixes it. It is annoying to have to do that, but it usually adds less than 30 seconds to the process. After a while you get pretty good at estimating how much to dump out which speeds things up.