I drew a late-October Kodiak bear tag.

Oct they can be anywhere. Digging roots mostly. The bigger bears are typically nocturnal and you can’t a glimps of them early and late. Most bears you see are usually 3 years olds that are stupid. Don’t shoot a baby bear. Residents do it all the time. See a big head and go wow boom. But if it looks like it has a big head…it don’t.

Exactly! Seems most residents with Kodiak permits are killing young sows. Find a mature boar so the resource can continue to thrive. I've had two fall permits on Kodiak and have had two exceptional hunts, but will never apply for a fall permit again because there are too many distractions. My wife and I will be there next spring with her permit, should be a good time! Good luck!

Which one?
If you are asking which guide outfit acted poorly, I will abstain from answering since this was not a direct interaction with me and was second hand information. Although I did see the guide’s boats come out of the exact area in question that morning with the boats loaded down. And also witnessed the trash left behind in the guide camp that they used - toilet paper everywhere, pretty gross. No attempt whatsoever to clean up. We were there two weeks and no one returned to clean camp.

If you are asking which guide outfit acted poorly, I will abstain from answering since this was not a direct interaction with me and was second hand information. Although I did see the guide’s boats come out of the exact area in question that morning with the boats loaded down. And also witnessed the trash left behind in the guide camp that they used - toilet paper everywhere, pretty gross. No attempt whatsoever to clean up. We were there two weeks and no one returned to clean camp.
No, what's "the other forum."