Hypothetical Ethics Question

KenLee

WKR
If I’m not there when it happened I don’t feel obligated. I have much better things to do than be the mall cop for our community - I could spend 12 hrs a day, 7 days a week telling other people what they are doing is wrong. I’ve met Karen and Ken types that think that’s their gift, but that’s not me.

However, one of my favorite things when eating out at a slow sports bar is getting a table near enough to watch the bar and bartender. Cheating the owner is a universally popular past time and it’s fun to see which credit cards are run and which aren’t. What transactions are rung up and which aren’t. Everyone knows cameras are everywhere, so the tell is going through motions for the camera without actually completing a transaction with receipt. Friends of the bartender have a familiar comfort level that sets them apart - body language says they obviously know each other well, but try to not look chatty to draw attention - even purposely ignore each other. One sports bar had “special”nachos come out with an entire ribeye steak cubed up on top - you know the cook is in on it when that happens. Lol

I am known to buy things at the bar with cash if someone seems fishy - I love it when they ask if you want a receipt before it’s rung up and if you say no, they give you correct change but it’s not entered as a sale. The till is over that amount and all the person has to do is roughly keep track of every cheat sale and once a shift a friend buys something and gets the extra money in their change. I’ve heard from bar owners that go as far as secretly marking bottles once a day and doing a rough inventory, that someone that brings their own bottle of vodka to replace missing inventory is the hardest to catch - unless they goof up and over fill a bottle. lol
"I’ve met Karen and Ken types that think that’s their gift, but that’s not me."

This Ken ain't seen nuffin.