Huxwrx suppressor

I have the oss (pre huxwurx) 7.62 ti and and am really enjoying it so far. I bought it to keep a lower back pressure from hammering on my scar 17. It took it from the most obnoxious loudest gun I’ve ever shot to where you could actually get away with quite a few shots before you’d want to put ear pro on. It actually tightened up the groups on my scar but the new christenson mpr doesn’t seem to like it but that’s in very limited testing so far. They say it’s not as quiet as a full blown baffle can but if you watch some testing it’s pretty damn good at the shooters ear. My only gripe is the cost of the muzzle devices for 7.62 the flash hider is $150 everywhere. The. 5.56 runs about $100 which I’d say should be about right.
I don’t know if it’s up in the precision can category but it’s very impressive on my scar so far and if I can get some time this weekend I’d like to see how it does on my new browning speed lr in 7mag.

I have the oss (pre huxwurx) 7.62 ti and and am really enjoying it so far. I bought it to keep a lower back pressure from hammering on my scar 17. It took it from the most obnoxious loudest gun I’ve ever shot to where you could actually get away with quite a few shots before you’d want to put ear pro on. It actually tightened up the groups on my scar but the new christenson mpr doesn’t seem to like it but that’s in very limited testing so far. They say it’s not as quiet as a full blown baffle can but if you watch some testing it’s pretty damn good at the shooters ear. My only gripe is the cost of the muzzle devices for 7.62 the flash hider is $150 everywhere. The. 5.56 runs about $100 which I’d say should be about right.
I don’t know if it’s up in the precision can category but it’s very impressive on my scar so far and if I can get some time this weekend I’d like to see how it does on my new browning speed lr in 7mag.
Good info. I didn't know they were a re-work of a previous brand. It's a design that I've never seen, but admittedly, I am hardly a suppressor guru. More like a suppressor newb from a manufacturer standpoint. Machining and design, I know something about, but that is a bit different.

Jeremy

What brings you to these?
They showed up on Expertvoice in my email offers, if you are familiar with that. Looked interesting, but I have not seen anything on them outside of their sales pitch, and website.

Many suppressor users here, so I figured I'd ask. The offer above is pretty good if they are a worthwhile suppressor.

Jeremy

They showed up on Expertvoice in my email offers, if you are familiar with that. Looked interesting, but I have not seen anything on them outside of their sales pitch, and website.

Many suppressor users here, so I figured I'd ask. The offer above is pretty good if they are a worthwhile suppressor.

Jeremy

Huxwrx is same/same as OSS. They can barely be called “suppressors”. I have one sitting 3ft from me and if I could I would trade it out for basically any other decent can made, I would. They came about due to back pressure in semi autos causing reliability issues. Sure, they don’t cause reliability problems with over gassed guns, but they are loud. Really loud for a can.
They basically take all the gas and redirect it forward. The whole “at the shooters ear” doesn’t tell you the full story. First, “at the ear” on a range doesn’t take into account grass, rocks, rolling terrain, etc. that is in front of the shooter and reflects sound back. Then, one of the reasons to use a can is the animals reaction or lack there of, to a shot. With the Huxwrx/OSS- might as well be unsuppressed to animals.

Yes, basically any can is better than no can- however, but a better can. For hunting the JK armament cans work well and aren’t sub $500.

Huxwrx is same/same as OSS. They can barely be called “suppressors”. I have one sitting 3ft from me and if I could I would trade it out for basically any other decent can made, I would. They came about due to back pressure in semi autos causing reliability issues. Sure, they don’t cause reliability problems with over gassed guns, but they are loud. Really loud for a can.
They basically take all the gas and redirect it forward. The whole “at the shooters ear” doesn’t tell you the full story. First, “at the ear” on a range doesn’t take into account grass, rocks, rolling terrain, etc. that is in front of the shooter and reflects sound back. Then, one of the reasons to use a can is the animals reaction or lack there of, to a shot. With the Huxwrx/OSS- might as well be unsuppressed to animals.

Yes, basically any can is better than no can- however, but a better can. For hunting the JK armament cans work well and aren’t sub $500.
Thank you, sir.

Jeremy

Back