Hunting Sheridan Wyoming for fist time what can we expect?

Never been to Wyoming for hunting so what can we expect as far as whitetails and size? Is it mostly hunting valleys with cover? We're coming from wisconsin.

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Who are you hunting with? Some of our good friends live in Sheridan. Its mostly river bottom/hay field hunting from what I have seen (never whitetail hunted there myself because Im from Alberta and raised in Sask lol)

OP
UWbadger1013
If you arent on private, or with an outfitter, you can expect to not see much at all. Otherwise, be prepared to see upwards of 100 WT a day, with some whopper bucks. Especially, if you booked with Nelson Outfitters.
Good to hear. We'll be southeast of them a little bit. Just south of Sheridan on private

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I've seen a few dandies around there south east of town and even east out by UCross. Like others say they are all on private. What does Nelson or these others charge for the hunt?

KHNC

WKR
I've seen a few dandies around there south east of town and even east out by UCross. Like others say they are all on private. What does Nelson or these others charge for the hunt?
4000 for deer i believe. Nelson's stay booked two years in advance. The cost of the hunt ALSO includes the cost of your license, lodging and food. Best place to deer hunt I have ever been to.

riversidejeep

Lil-Rokslider
My son, a friend and I all went mule buck hunting in that area a couple years ago. Driving down the interstate highway we could see herds of 10-50 whitetail in the hay fields, quite remarkable. As I was waiting on the peak of a hill/ mountain for a 4 point mulie to feed over to the property we had permission to hunt I was glassing the surrounding area. I had a great vantage point and could glass a LONG ways as in 3-4 miles maybe. I got tired of counting at 350, mostly whitetail.

OP
UWbadger1013
What did you kill?
4..2.5s. The private area we were on didn't have any of the river bottom. Seen a 3.5 that was ok go out on us the first day of course wasn't sure i wanted to pull the trigger without having any idea what else was around. Opted to not shoot and that would've been our best buck. Seen some ok deer but nothing id call big. Could see glassing several good bucks dead in the river bottom from ehd. There was some dang nice muleys where we were though. Several 160+. So we'll try and get back for those. Walked some public but didn't see anything for whitetails.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

KHNC

WKR
My son, a friend and I all went mule buck hunting in that area a couple years ago. Driving down the interstate highway we could see herds of 10-50 whitetail in the hay fields, quite remarkable. As I was waiting on the peak of a hill/ mountain for a 4 point mulie to feed over to the property we had permission to hunt I was glassing the surrounding area. I had a great vantage point and could glass a LONG ways as in 3-4 miles maybe. I got tired of counting at 350, mostly whitetail.
Most of those WT are dead by EHD now unfortunately. Happens every 4-5 years it seems.