Hunting outerwear vs ski wear

Poser

WKR
I definitely need some better gloves. Would the down pro glassing glomitt be sufficient or should I go with the Northstar glommit or glove?

The down pro or ultra? what temps?

I've never been in practice, lol. I'm just bringing my 16yo, she'll probably be teaching me something.
I've only ever water skied a few times in my teens and never any other similar sports.

The glassing gloves aren't durable enough for skiing. The Northstars would be better, but also, you could just go with some Kinco leather mitts for about $35.

WaWox

FNG
Insulated leather work gloves would probably work for mild weather, for really cold I'd expect ski specific gear to win -- it's pretty different handling poles and needing to deal with a lift etc than glassing. But I don't own any glassing gloves either so I wouldn't know.

Re the down jacket: I have the 'super down ultra hooded jacket' .. they might have discontinued (or updated) that specific one since.

CMF

WKR
The glassing gloves aren't durable enough for skiing. The Northstars would be better, but also, you could just go with some Kinco leather mitts for about $35.
yea, those look like a good affordable option for now.
This will just be a 3 or 4 days of beginner skiing. I doubt we go back more than every few years if that.
Re the down jacket: I have the 'super down ultra hooded jacket' .. they might have discontinued (or updated) that specific one since.
Yea, it's the LT now. I got the ultra too when it was on sale.

I want to fill my hunting gear gaps while I have the excuse, lol. Not so much worried about ski-specific gear, unless I really need it.