Hunting Info/Draws Website

RadDad

Lil-Rokslider
Not sure exactly what I’m looking for here but I’ll do my best to explain it. I’d like to find a website that clearly outlines the entry and drawing process for every state. Preference point vs lottery in CLEAR language is really what I’m after. I think TopRut offers draw percentages/success rates for western states but am not really sure what else since I don’t pay for the service.

My ultimate goal is to find other potential hunts outside of my home state of CA. I’m not looking to hunt a specific species, more just interested in a potential DIY hunt somewhere new.

Forgive me if this is something that exists and I m just unaware! I’d be very grateful if you could point me in the right direction.

- RadDad

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hunting fool, epic outdoors, gohunt all offer that information along with a bunch more for a fee.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

wapitibob

WKR
No website or service will outline all aspects of the western states draws. The mags and services mentioned will get you far enough along but the little things will require direct questions to someone that knows or the specific states licensing mgr.

OP
RadDad

RadDad

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks guys. Sounds like I’ll just peruse the state websites since I’m cheap!

-RadDad

OP
RadDad

RadDad

Lil-Rokslider
I think randy Newberg does some decentt YouTube videos on some draw systems.
That’s awesome. This is exactly what I was looking for that I didn’t know existed. Appreciate the help.

-RadDad

Mojave

WKR
Go Hunt is probably the best single source.

Draw odds via spreadsheet type format that are sortable

A map that you can sort by draw odds, trophy quality, season, method of take, percentage of public land and so on.

You can also do build their maps (even 3-D) to do your hunt.

Go Hunt does about 12-15 western states and Kansas.

I use them for quite a bit of information all season long, and to E-scout via their maps.

I still use On-X to hunt with and most of my e-scouting, as that is what all my buddies use.

I used to pay for Hunting Fool as well. Never was a fan. You don't really get much outside of their data that is either the same data that Eastmans is using or what the state already provides.

Most of what is on gohunt is very similar to what is available in states like Wyoming that provide a ton of data.

I might try Epic Outdoors next year if I don't move back to Europe.
I don't know that gohunt is the best, but it is the best one I know of.

Keep in mind, whatever pay sites show you about NM is likely misleading when it comes to draw odds.

The published data on this from NM Game and Fish merely shows the distribution of how many tags went to who based on their choice ranking for a particular hunt code.

It does not tell what your chances are of drawing the tag.