Huntaoudad.com

DO NOT BOOK A HUNT WITH CHRIS!! I just returned from a trip on February 5th and it was a complete disaster. Chris is a poacher and a con. He Did not guide us a single day. One day he had one of his guides, David, put us on someone else’s property and then we ended up being ran off at gun point by the actual landowner. Chris never shows up to these properties because he has already been warned and law enforcement has been notified he is trespassing and poaching off their land. He knowingly puts you at danger and risk you being prosecuted as a poacher. DO NOT DO IT. I found the yelp reviews to late, but check them out if you need more convincing.

DO NOT BOOK A HUNT WITH CHRIS!! I just returned from a trip on February 5th and it was a complete disaster. Chris is a poacher and a con. He Did not guide us a single day. One day he had one of his guides, David, put us on someone else’s property and then we ended up being ran off at gun point by the actual landowner. Chris never shows up to these properties because he has already been warned and law enforcement has been notified he is trespassing and poaching off their land. He knowingly puts you at danger and risk you being prosecuted as a poacher. DO NOT DO IT. I found the yelp reviews to late, but check them out if you need more convincing.
Wow!

S-3 ranch

WKR
A discount aoudad hunt or any discount hunting usually has some angle to it
I would recommend going with a reputable company or rancher , to avoid any issues! Usually the best discount hunts are from guys way farther southeast then the trans pecoes , west hill-country, uvalde Del Rio area who are hunting nuisance rams
a good start is the wagonwheel & panhandle ranches for a mountain free range hunt
F7163945-9978-46EE-8D47-72F76D8C381F.jpeg

Last edited:

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I read a report about that guy. They said he just smoked a ridiculous amount of pot (while guiding the hunt) and then he got all paranoid and led the client on a wild goose chase. They didn't kill one.

Nontyp

FNG
We found the yelp results a little late also. We canceled our trip and I’m currently contesting the charges with my CC company. The service he is selling is not what the customers are getting. I have a very good friend who hunted with Chris about four or five years ago in back to back years and had a good hunt. My friend cannot believe how Chris is currently running his business.

When I questioned him about the bad reviews he said the yelp reviews were just a few people who had a bad hunt then he quit answering me. We were supposed to hunt Feb 3-6. He told me the guys who hunted prior to when we were supposed to be there had killed one and wounded another that took a bullet to the shoulder and kept running over the hills. I believe the week he is talking about a father daughter group was there and did not kill anything and had a terrible hunt. He sent me a photo with the head cropped out of the picture to not identify who the hunter was saying they were the recent group.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
We found the yelp results a little late also. We canceled our trip and I’m currently contesting the charges with my CC company. The service he is selling is not what the customers are getting. I have a very good friend who hunted with Chris about four or five years ago in back to back years and had a good hunt. My friend cannot believe how Chris is currently running his business.

When I questioned him about the bad reviews he said the yelp reviews were just a few people who had a bad hunt then he quit answering me. We were supposed to hunt Feb 3-6. He told me the guys who hunted prior to when we were supposed to be there had killed one and wounded another that took a bullet to the shoulder and kept running over the hills. I believe the week he is talking about a father daughter group was there and did not kill anything and had a terrible hunt. He sent me a photo with the head cropped out of the picture to not identify who the hunter was saying they were the recent group.
Seems like aoudad hunts run from what you described all the way to pure luxury. There are good options in the middle and the upper/lower end of the middle.

Last edited:

Nontyp

FNG
I grabbed a cancellation hunt with Hidden Creek and took my Dad on the aoudad hunt he has wanted to go on for the past 20 yrs. I’m so glad we did not go with Chris Leland. The more reviews that are out there will help people save their time and money.

Attachments

• B4DA037B-D593-4C58-8CDD-94923CEE7145.jpeg
    B4DA037B-D593-4C58-8CDD-94923CEE7145.jpeg
    347.6 KB · Views: 97

keller

WKR
That's awesome was their in January had a great time. Pooch is a helluva good cook and had alot of fun hunting with Stretch and Gus!!!

Nontyp

FNG
Yes a geat cook the pistachio dessert was the best. I ran around with Stretch I was trying to talk him into meeting us in elk camp this yr. It was what I wanted the hunt to be, seeing lots of animals, good times with good people.

Is that up above the gun range?

wyosteve

WKR
Nontyp. Glad to see you guys got some. You were sleeping in when we left so was wondering!

NVhunter702

Lil-Rokslider
Awesome information in this thread! Glad I was able to read through this before planning a hunt.

Do not book with HuntAoudad.com ! Chris Leland is a thief and a liar. Took our $12,000 and probably laughed all the way to bank. Spend the money and book with a reputable outfitter. He had no land to hunt! Has no guides and doesn’t answer the phone when you get there. This outfit is crooked. Auodad are not a game species and not regulated through the state. So Texas Game and Fish and Texas BBB can not do anything to this crook. This guy needs put out of business. Wish I would have done more research and would have never booked with Chris Leland. All the yelp and other reviews are true. If you find a positive review on Chris it was probably put out as damage control. DO NOT BOOK WITH HUNTAOUDAD.COM !!!

cem3434

FNG
Dude sounds like a bad hombre. Surprised he is still scamming people with as many bad reviews as you can find by a simple Google search of his name.

I guess I am just to trusting. Wish I would have researched more before we booked or traveled 20 hours just to be ripped off.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I guess I am just to trusting. Wish I would have researched more before we booked or traveled 20 hours just to be ripped off.
I’ve read reports of him taking folks money then “guiding” them on land that isn’t actually his without permission. The whole time he was smoking joints and getting all paranoid because he was trespassing.

I’ve read reports of him taking folks money then “guiding” them on land that isn’t actually his without permission. The whole time he was smoking joints and getting all paranoid because he was trespassing.
I had a-lot of questions before I booked and Chris is a smooth talker. He said they had 35,000 plus acres to hunt and a pick of what you want to shoot. Promised 25” plus rams. Fully guided hunts to help judge size, cape and help pack out. None of it was true. We had to drive our own trucks and scratch them up. Dave showed up 2nd day to pick us up and said Chris told him there was only two hunters. Dave only had a two seater pickup and no gas. (There was 4 hunters and 2 guests) Had to wait for him to return from finding gas. Let us loose on a hill that was trampled with footprints and no sign of aoudad. These guys are professional crooks. Hope all these bad reviews will help other people from getting ripped off !